Panasonic or Pioneer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, the big hustle on digital cables is huge. Its 1's and 0's. Analog cable do require that you spend a little more dough, but thats strictly for the shielding.

I take it teachsac is Shawn?

Nah... But I've been called worse :p

Looks like Elway covered it all. 55 with analogs to the receiver and run HDMI to the Pioneer. Decent analogs will make a difference. I use Taralabs RSC Reference Generation 2. A monoprice 24AWG HDMI cable is sufficient for video. No need to replace your receiver.

S~

You guys sure have helped me on a short notice! So is there any other cables I need? I saw on my Oppo dvd player I have a Fiber Optical cable hooked up to the unit to my tv. Do I need to keep that cable for the blu ray player?

You guys sure have helped me on a short notice! So is there any other cables I need? I saw on my Oppo dvd player I have a Fiber Optical cable hooked up to the unit to my tv. Do I need to keep that cable for the blu ray player?

You could use it for SDDVD, but it's really not necessary. Otherwise just an HDMI and some analogs.

S~

I'm late to the party, (welcome dougy), I can attest to everyone's advice, you'll do great with the BD55. I have one and I finally think I found MY player. :) I tried alot of them (not as many as teachsac :) ) The ONLY one I might consider in the future is the Oppo (more for SACD/DVD-A in one unit), but I am gonna wait a while for more reviews on it.

I too am disappointed with Pioneers offerings in blu-ray, especially for the prices they want, but that is another post.

Since you are shopping, you might want to check amazon, they have some good deals involving the panasonic and some absolutely CRAZY deals on blu-ray movies. (I have worked various deals the past few days to get about 23 titles at an average price of $7.73 each shipped)

Deal involving BD55
Save $75 When You Buy a Blu-ray Player and Four Warner Blu-ray Discs Together

If you like James bond, you can't go wrong with this deal on amazon either (other titles included also)
Amazon.com: Buy More and Save More on Blu-ray

Thank you SatinKzo for the links! I am a huge James Bond fan so it looks like I found some movies to buy! Today I'm going to get the credit card out and buy my first blu ray player. :)

I greatly appreciate it teachsac. I will definitely check that out. I'm already thinking about the Oppo Blu Ray player for the future too. I really enjoy their DVD player's and I would assume their blu ray player would be as good.

Look what the UPS guy brought me Thursday afternoon!

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

So far the player has been amazing! I should be receiving some blu ray movies in the mail this week so I can finally see the blu difference. :) It plays my dvd's just great! I've been getting a lot of crap that I didn't buy a PS3 instead. I'm not going to be doing any gaming so I thought of getting a standalone player instead. I'm still very impressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)