Pancakes or Waffles?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pancakes or Waffles?

• Pancakes

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Waffles

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Both

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
We're talking about homemade waffle iron waffles, right? If any of you are basing your waffle experience on frozen, store bought Eggo waffles, you clearly are missing out.

Try a homemade waffle using a quality waffle iron and I find it hard to believe you'll still prefer the floppy, cakey, boring pancake. ;):)

Waffles.

They hold syrup a lot better than pancakes with its squares/holes.

Also, when ordered with bacon/sausage/ham, it goes better.

(I got your PM, HD- WAFFLES RULE!)

Waffles.

They hold syrup a lot better than pancakes with its squares/holes.

Also, when ordered with bacon/sausage/ham, it goes better.

(I got your PM, HD- WAFFLES RULE!)

Good point Sabres. Waffles are designed perfectly to hold a pool of syrup and butter. Pancakes on the other hand, when you pour syrup on them, it just runs off of them and back onto the plate.

Humm...Pancakes with sryup over a dab of peanut butter!!
MMM! I make waffles and spread PB all over them. Sometimes I can't wait for the others to cook and have to do quality control on one. And I add syrup also. Pure maple is best, but a little pricey, so my fave is Log Cabin. I can eat waffles anytime of the day.

Sorry, pancakes are where it's at for me.

Only with real maple syrup, though.

Part of it is that you need special equipment to make waffles. Just a griddle for pancakes. And I have eaten far too many bad toaster waffles. But pancakes were always from scratch.

We always called them pancakes here, I've heard some people call them flapjacks, not sure if they are the same? Anyway, the only way to eat them is with molasses..and bacon, and toast, and lots of milk:hungry:

Its a no-brainer. Pancakes, with pure Vermont Maple Syrup (Fancy grade preferred) and butter. Nothing else will suffice. Of course, with in-laws who are Vermont Maple producers, I am spoiled. :D

We always called them pancakes here, I've heard some people call them flapjacks, not sure if they are the same? Anyway, the only way to eat them is with molasses..and bacon, and toast, and lots of milk:hungry:
I've heard them called pancakes, hotcakes, flapjacks and griddlecake. Pure maple syrup and butter is how I like 'em best, but there is a number of interesting syrups...and even Karo Syrup from time-to-time years ago when I was a young and poor service member. Speaking of young and poor...I probably ate Top Ramen noodles every day for three years, but I haven't them in over 20 years. Anyway, the really awful pancakes I ever had were the ones served up with a lethal portion of some nasty stuff called scrapple when I was in Central PA. All I can say is you can't make scrapple with the word crap.

Last edited:
I voted both, but honestly...pancakes are easier to make, but waffles are lighter and a bit more 'fun'. You can put ice cream on a waffle...on a pancake its not quite the same... ;)

voted for both. i like both but i especially love pancakes. i make them a little crunchy around the edges which i love. and what i like about waffles is that they are crunchy all around.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts