Pandora/Facebook not working after Hopper/Joeyx3 install

netter

Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
kansas city, ks
I haven't tried all apps, but having Pandora available at all TV's was one of the reasons I upgraded. When I select that app, I get a Pandora splash screen that says "please wait" with some boxes that look like they're supposed to light up while something loads...but the screen just remains static and nothing happens. I tried Facebook just to see if that would work, and that just brings up a completely blank blue screen with nothing else happening. Broadband appears as "OK" under network settings. Any idea what's wrong and how to get these working?

Did you just get installed? If so, give it a few days and all should be well. Hoppers take a few days to settle in...

Also you need to ensure the bridging option is enabled at the hws location if the system was connected via direct ethernet or wifi. Your apps won't work from the Joeys otherwise.

I think bridging is enabled, although it's odd - even after saving the "enabled" selection - every time I go into the menu to check bridging, it's listed as disabled when I enter that part of the menu. The Joey's do all say broadband connection is OK. The apps also are not working at the HWS location.

This was a new install yesterday. If it takes a few days, any other way to just verify that everything is getting internet access like it should be aside from checking the broadband status?

Okay, I am able to stream DVR content via Dish Anywhere, so I guess the HWS is connected fine via internet. I guess I'll just wait a couple days to see if the Pandora/Facebook apps start working at some point...then call in for support if they don't.

Okay, I am able to stream DVR content via Dish Anywhere, so I guess the HWS is connected fine via internet. I guess I'll just wait a couple days to see if the Pandora/Facebook apps start working at some point...then call in for support if they don't.
Be patient. Mine took three days for all apps to go hot.

I think bridging is enabled, although it's odd - even after saving the "enabled" selection - every time I go into the menu to check bridging, it's listed as disabled when I enter that part of the menu. The Joey's do all say broadband connection is OK. The apps also are not working at the HWS location.

This was a new install yesterday. If it takes a few days, any other way to just verify that everything is getting internet access like it should be aside from checking the broadband status?

It sounds like there is an HIC in the system to get your broadband connected. As long as your joeys are showing connected in the broadband menu you're good.

It's been 6 days since the upgrade and still none of the apps are working. I can stream live and dvr content to my phone, so don't think it's a broadband problem. But I have reset cable modem, router, HWS and Joeys to be sure. With all apps, either blank screen or splash screen that says loading comes up and just sits there. Is there any way a DiRT member could look into my specific account and see if there's something that needs to be configured to get it working?

FYI: The apps on my HWS took 7 full days before they were "alive". . My install was 3 months ago-they have worked well since then.

The apps should download during the Hopper software download and be ready to use right away. I would let dirt submit a report for you.

Based on feedback from a lot of people here, it's not uncommon for all of them to not work for a few days...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW, I have 2 apps not working on my HWS- "Help" & "My Account", both are devoid of content. All other apps are just fine.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Going on 10 days and no change - apps still not working. Fwiw, HWS has remained on S328 since the upgrade day and Joeys on S357. Has anyone had it take longer than a week for apps to start working?

Going on 10 days and no change - apps still not working. Fwiw, HWS has remained on S328 since the upgrade day and Joeys on S357. Has anyone had it take longer than a week for apps to start working?

Different nonfunctional apps but otherwise, same here. I don't think it's happening unless resolved by a software update @ some point.

Seems like if the apps work for some people and not others, that it may represent more than a global software problem...like there's something account specific that is causing problems for certain people.

Seems like if the apps work for some people and not others, that it may represent more than a global software problem...like there's something account specific that is causing problems for certain people.

In my case, my original Hopper had none of the app issues. It was only after upgrade to HWS that the problem popped up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)