Pansat 2500a - Lost remote! Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
Now that winter's over and it's warming up, I'm finally out to re-aim my dish. Long story short, but I didn't have stuff set up over the winter and my receiver ended up in storage. Unfortunately, although I knew exactly where the receiver was, I can't seem to find the remote, and therefore I can't get to the menus to aid in aiming the dish. (I use my receiver's signal strength meter when aiming the dish - I don't have a dedicated signal strength meter. :( )

So... I'm wondering about a couple potential solutions. First off -- does anyone know if any universal remotes have codes that would work with the Pansat? I couldn't find codes for my remote, so I figure that won't work, but it's worth a shot...

Second option: I know the Pansat has an RS-232 port. Is there any way this could be connected to a computer to control the receiver? I would doubt it, but again, I figured why not ask.

If neither of those options work, is there anything else I might try, or am I going to have to go out and order a new remote?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone here can give. :)

Update -- I found my remote (which was, of course, in the one drawer I didn't check at my office). I'm up and running. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)