Pansat 2500a Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xoomer

Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Seatac, WA
Ok,

So I acquired a Pansat 2500A and a DirectTV satellite dish, I did not get a remote, and I can not get past the first screen, the Language Screen. am i screwed?? I tried all the codes in the my universal remote, I tried using the remote function on my Palm,couldn't get anything to work?

Any Ideas? or a good remote or am I just wasting my time.

Ok, Waiting for Arrival... But now I'm just wondering Is there anything special I have to do to this thing to make it work other than find a satellite and Aim?

Its a RCA dish, The Measurement I'm getting from it is that it is an 18.5, I'm not looking for much I'm just kinda hoping I can get some decent channels, And to tell you the truth I'm not even sure what to expect from fta

Its a RCA dish, The Measurement I'm getting from it is that it is an 18.5, I'm not looking for much I'm just kinda hoping I can get some decent channels, And to tell you the truth I'm not even sure what to expect from fta

With a DirecTV dish, you can expect to get Nasa, Sky Angel, and a couple preview channels.. That's about all. Maybe an audio channel or two occasionally.

To get more, you really need to get a bigger dish and a "linear" LNB.

With a bigger dish you can get hundreds of other channels from all around the world. If you limit yourself to the DirecTV 18 inch dish, I think that you will be disappointed.

Well, This is just a trial, as I live in an apartment with a no dish rule... so its in my Bedroom facing out currently mounted to a table,

I have a Learning remote that I put all my remotes on just in case one goes bad or gets lost. You can teach the learning remote every button on the master remote.

yep 119 is getting a little better with Ion on there

I liked it when Dish didnt scramble the CD audio channels...but that is a distant memory :(

You don't need to buy a Pansat remote control, just load any firmware with the letter "T" (T=Tivo) at the end, then you can use any universal remote control (select Hughes codes) :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)