Pansat 2500A setup question(s)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
I've had this unit for a couple years and recently coupled it with a standard lnb and Primestar dish mounted on a SG2100 mover. I can program several satellites into it's memory. The programmed satellites will have a "check mark" next to them and they show up in the list of available satellites BUT if I do anything that "unchecks" a programmed satellite and want to go back a tweek something, I can't access it anymore. If fact the only ones accessable are those with a check mark and I can't add additional ones.
Since the unit is a couple years old many of the preprogrammed satellites are out of date. I haven't explored how to update with current satellite info but it appears there's a couple programs available, namely Gtools and ChannelMaster. Any thoughts on either.
I did download and update the firmware from the Pansat site although I think it had the latest already.
I'm fairly low on the learning curve but do have the dish tracking the arc.

I use Channelmaster for my Pansat 1500 (the little brother of the 2500) and it works awesome!

But unless the satellite is checked in the antenna setup you can't really do anything with it. Once its checked and you go back into the antenna setup, select the satellite and hit OK...it will keep it checked and allows you to change the parameters

To use an example...... if I have a list of 10 satellites and initially setup 5 and have 5 not programmed. The 5 that are setup will have the check mark and show in my list of available satellites. If I uncheck one, I think it's the right or left Vol button on the remote, but then later go back into the Antenna setup, not only I can't re-select the satellite I unchecked but can't select any of the satellites not initially programmed. Strange though the initially unchecked satellite still shows in my list of available satellites. I can still access any with the check mark.

sounds like my coolsat if i set it up with motor control then its displayed but if its not setup with some type of motor control its not listed & not accessable with the sat button. only accessable through the menu until i set it back up.

Blueridge
I'm confused. If a satellite is not selected, hilite it and hit "ok". It will check it and throw you over to the right side to chnage the LNB setup, motor, etc

The only way I uncheck a satellite is hilite it and hit left arrow.

Blueridge
I'm confused. If a satellite is not selected, hilite it and hit "ok". It will check it and throw you over to the right side to chnage the LNB setup, motor, etc

The only way I uncheck a satellite is hilite it and hit left arrow.

If I uncheck (left arrow) a previously "checked" satellite I can not go back and hilite it again, hit "ok" and be able to edit any setup info (nothing happens)..... also I can't hilite, hit OK and edit any other satellites that doesn't have a check mark. In other words I can't add to the list. Maybe a "work around" is initially select all and never uncheck any. After I'm complete go back and delete any not used. Just seems strange and clunkly I can't "re-add" an unchecked satellite back to the list and make it available for setup editing.
Also I probably can reduce some confusion and create a new list with current info. For example don't need any C-band satellites. I've downloaded Channelmaster and will have a look at it's features.
thanks for the response.....

that is odd.

Channelmaster works great as you can add & delete satellites as you wish. I organized mine from east to west KU then E to W C-Band

To close the loop and with fingers crossed it appears reorganizing the satellite list using Channelmaster has fixed the problem. I have not unchecked a satellite to "test" whether I can add it back or not. Next step is to save my updated setup using Channelmaster.
again thanks for the feedback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts