Pansat 2700 first channel help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfee

Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
How can you tell if a channel is C-band or Ku-band?

I want to pickup DW-TV. I have the disk pointing at AMC1 at 103.0 W.
How do I program a Pansat 2700A.
LNB type = ? 5150 is for C-band 10750 is for Ku - band right?
LNB lo-Freq=?
TP=

LyngSat data

Sat = AMC1 at 103.0 W
Freq TP = 3740 tp2
SR/FEC = 29270-7/8
SID = 1
Video PID = 1160
Audio PID = 1130 G

Thanks,
Jim

5150 is the correct L.O. for C-Band

C-Band freq. are 4 digit

KU -Band freq. are 5 digit

I have a 2700a and am using standard 5150, finding DW at G4 , 3742 H 29270, pids; v 1160, a 1130, pcr 1160. Signal is low. also seems to be signal compresion, Persons using factor data using, Single SL, will be able to use data as found on Pansats install screen shot for sat search. Ive found that all settings for LNB, for C band, can be scanned and TPs found, but different data will be logged. You can use Single SL setting, find first TP, then repoint dish for strongest signal, the change LNB setting to Standard 5150, then do "smart search" .

Alec

What are the steps for " Ive found that all settings for LNB, for C band, can be scanned and TPs found, ". I must be missing something, bccause I still can't seem to get any signal for C-band LNB on the pansat.

Thanks,

Jim

D W on AMC 1

Im not real smart on this stuff, but I will try and help you out. I have found DW on AMC 1, it comes in weak, appearently due to video compression. On clear days it comes in well. I use the LNB setting of (standard 5150) . If you use the (Single SL) setting, you will be able to use the set-up page for dish pointing. The data on the install page are factory set, used with Single SL setting. I will attach photo of data page screen, using Standard 5051 setting.

D W on AMC 1

Im not real smart on this stuff, but I will try and help you out. I have found DW on AMC 1, it comes in weak, appearently due to video compression. On clear days it comes in well. I use the LNB setting of (standard 5150) . If you use the (Single SL) setting, you will be able to use the set-up page for dish pointing. The data on the install page are factory set, used with Single SL setting. I will attach photo of data page screen, using Standard 5051 setting.

Attachments

• D W.JPG
    D W.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 237
I still had no signal with your setting.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep plugging away.

This may be a stupid question, but how big is your dish? You probably need at least a 6' dish to be on the safe side. Larger, prefferably 10', would be much better.

Al

My dish is 8' across the center.

I'm using the 4 cable cluster that was used on the old analog system. 2 R6, 2 power cables. It's not labeled. The same cable works on the old receiver on C-band analog channels.

I might try moving the receiver, and small TV next to the dish to see if it make any difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dead Pansat 2500 - Do Not Send to Pansat

Took the poor girl down today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)