Pansat 3500 signal level fixed at 20?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Odd one today.

Flipped on the Pansat3500s and found no picture on T5 and signal LEVEL at 20 (quality was 0). Flipped to G3, SBS-6, a few others--all reported signal LEVEL at 20 quality of 0. Level did not fluctuate at all (normally it is up down up down).

Was thinking of doing a factory reset on the box, but was wondering if there might be something simple that may have caused this. Haven't done anything to the dish, cable, etc that was working fine yesterday. Not cloudy or anything.

The 'fixed' nature of the level at 20 has me wondering if it is something beyond an easy repair.

Any ideas?

short in cable

Thats the only reason the signal is at 20. There is no connection between the receiver & LNB

yep. When I'm out working on my dish farm and I am unhooking the cable from the LNB it drops to 20 on the Pansat 1500

did you try to just shut it completely down, i mean with the power switch on back then turn it back on? sometimes that will reset the box and you won't have to do a factory reset.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts