pansat 3500 vs 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgeagle33

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
new to fta just wondering what do you guys recommend pansat 3500 or pansat 6000 pls give me so insight on wich one you would prefer and why thank you.

Dealing with apples to coconuts…

The 3500 only has one tuner whereas the 6000 has two tuners
The 6000 has a PVR built in where the 3500 doesn’t

Otherwise they’re pretty much the same unit

Two tuners, a hard drive, and the features of the 3500 make the 6000 very appealing to me... I will have to check out the specs :)

Glad I didn't get a 3500 for Christmas :D

Of course, next year they'll probably have a model with HDTV, DVI or HDMI, 4:2:2, AND blind scan...

Ok...why 2 tuners?

Tron said:
Two tuners, a hard drive, and the features of the 3500 make the 6000 very appealing to me... I will have to check out the specs :)
Glad I didn't get a 3500 for Christmas :D
Of course, next year they'll probably have a model with HDTV, DVI or HDMI, 4:2:2, AND blind scan...

Being the NOOB that I am could I ask why the 2 tuners?
Regards
jeff

That is the mian reason but it looks like I can record two different programs on 2 different satellites at once :)
(depends on how you have it hooked up)

Iceberg, can you confirm that you can record two shows simultaneously with the Pansat 6000? That is one SWEET piece of gear, but the price hits you hard in the gut! :eek:

Tron
The review will be up today but I can CONFIRM that you can record two shows at the same time

I had both tuners set up on G10 and I recorded two shows at same time and swicthed it around so I had tuner 1 as G10 and tuner 2 as SBS6 and could record a show from each satellite at same time with no issues :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)