pansat 9200 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I recently upgraded to pansat's latest firmware from the pansatusa website.
I am adding dvb s-2 so this new software is a must.

However since the upgrade, my 9200 HD locks up all the time during blind scans.
Sometimes I can flip to a channel and it will show a blue screen saying scrambled when the channel is not scrambled.

I can flip the power off and back on then the channel works.
My scan speed is much slower now with the new firmware too.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Well yes, sort of.... Mine has not locked up during any Blind Scans.... I have had the Blue Screen/Scrambled Channel problem.... Sometimes if I have patience it will tune in by itself, as if it's taking it's time tuning and shows a Scrambled Channel before it's through... then suddenly comes in? Flipping off the power may work or may not work...? Channel up/down may or may not work...? A third of the G3 Equity channels do this and a fourth of the G10/G18 Equity channels do this...? I have not seen this occur with the G28 Equity S-2 channels...? The speed of this Pansat is so slow, I haven't noticed it getting any slower, but it may have...?
The 9200 does have it's Quirks, I hope they at least get some of them worked out....!!!!

Edit: oh yeah, I left out, and sorry about that, that it has locked up, but not while Blind Scanning. I think the locking up has been part of the Over-Heating it seems to be doing. If I continually use the remote repeatedly for a few minutes, it has locked up. But, if I use it sparingly and know where I'm going and stay put for a while, it doesn't lock up and works OK...
Pansat needs to think about putting a Fan inside to try and help it Cool down somewhat......

Last edited:
I think I liked the old firmware the best even though it had its issues.
My blind scan is so slow now. I used to be impressed with the 9200's speed on smart search.

Pansat needs to think about putting a Fan inside to try and help it Cool down somewhat......

I noticed once summer arrived the 9200 began to run much hotter, most likely to due to higher ambient room temperatures. I went to disconnect the cable one day when it wasn't even on (just standby) because of a nearby storm and it was blazing hot. Since then, I switch it completely off when not in use and I have an old PC fan on top connected to a wall wort style power transformer which keeps it cool. I read about the meltdown of others here and worried about the heat.

On this subject...does the S2 card further contribute to the heat issue?

My gripe about the box is how other remotes interfere with it. I upgraded the software a few months ago without much luck. The scanning speed isn't much different from my previous 2700A or Fortec Ultra.

The s-2 card makes quite a bit more heat imo. I had the card in and powered up with the top off the unit and heat was rolling off the card. (just what the already too hot receiver needs).

The 9200 seems to have quite a few quirks and bugs. Pansat needs to do some homework and fix all these issues. Typical, all these companies seem to release products nowadays with little or no field testing :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)