Pansat 9200HD bugs and older firmware??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
Hi to all and thanks in advance for any help sent my way. I recently purchased a new 9200HD (my 3rd set), and is acting up right out of the box..The S2 channels are stable but the S channels are having a bunch of problems on the video end..jumping and vertical lines and general havoc..The channel menu screen also jumps and jitters around... So I loaded the firmware from an older set that I bought around 2008 and the picture settles down, but it is still glitching a bit, and the menu is still jumping around... but it is better..
I went to Pansat and also downloaded the latest firmware they have to offer, and that is the same firmware that came with the set... So I dug out a very old set (2006) and loaded the firmware from that set to the new set, and everything works just fine EXCEPT this oldest firmware does not offer S2 on the setup menu, and so none of the S2 channels work but the S channels all work fine and the menu is fine..
So, have any of you folks had this problem, if so what is the solution, and also is there a link to a site that has all of the 9200HD firmware releases where I could get all of the older ones and try them one at a time until this is solved?
Thanks for your help, HB

Last edited:
I think I would have remembered a thread, if there was one. (long time 9200 owner) Sorry, but don't recall any. (a quick google search also returned nothing)
Able to return/exchange it? Maybe contact the manufacturer(?)
Pansat Service (c/o Sylmar TV)
11672 Tuxford Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352
U.S.A.
Phone: 818-768-5161
Fax: 818-768-5162
E-mail: pansatusa[AT]cs.com
www [DOT] pansatusa.com
9200 was designed, technology-wise, eons ago. +think 'support' will be minimal to nill, since the theft of service court decision.
My, well used, 9200 is now retired with failed PS caps. There are better, more capable, and cheaper new models available. SatAV's microHD**, the Manhattan RS-1933, (to name a couple with numerous threads here) I replaced my 9200 with an Openbox S9 [before the explosion of copycat production] **Site sponsor, business card link on top of page
If nothing else, bumped the thread up, so someone may see it who's got more info.

Thanks for the bump up, I heard from another member who has another file I don't have, and he is sending it my way..So I'll give it a try, however, I am beginning to think this is not completely a firmware problem... I contacted the place where I bought it, and I can send it back, the problem is, I'm in Central America and to UPS or Fedex it up, it would cost $150 due to duty's n all of that stuff... Then pay for the return shipping so these things get expensive for me. I appreciate the hints of the new boxes...I will spring for one of those models soon...I went with the 9200 because I have 2 others here, and one is designated just for parts...I had the PS caps go out on my 2nd so I use the other for parts...being here in the jungle, far from anything, it is my best option.. I have an ecolodge here a B&B sort of deal with 8 units...I have Azbox PremiumPlus in 4 of them and I have coolsat's, and sonic view's and a total of 20+ other receivers laying around, and a zillion switches etc. etc. The 9200HD was always a simple box to navigate around for people who come in and don't know how to use the boxes..the AZ's can be a pain in the butt pretty complicated menu's etc.. the sort of thing we are used to,but for novices who really aren't hobbyists and they just want to surf some channels, it's complicated for them...Hence the 9200HD which with S2 are cheap these days compared to years past... Anyhow, that's the scoop and thanks for the quick reply...If I do work this out where it stops glitching, and understand what the heck I did to stop it, I'll post the results for others to reference..I'm hoping it is firmware, and I'll know soon... thanks again, HB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts