Pansat 9200HD DVB-S2 Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.silverado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I am having a problem acquiring DVB-S2 signals on both Ku and C-band sats. I am unable to pick up any signal or quality on a linear sat, although all the standard DVB-S channels are fine. If I go to a circular satellite, the DVB-S2 signal and quality have been as high as 99% for both on Ku-band, even though they are scrambled channels. I don't understand why it won't work on linear. I am using a 33" motorized dish for Ku and a 10' Unimesh for C.
Any suggestions?

I don't know of ANY DVB-S2 signals on Ku band, circular polarity. I suspect that the 8psk board you have in your Pansat 9200 is the illuminati Turbo-8psk board, used to pirate Dishnet , before Nagra3 went into effect.
Make sure that you have a REAL DVB-S2 card in your Pansat, then get back to us. A real board in the Pansat, will not tune the Turbo-8psk modulated signals on the circular sats.
:)

And if you change to the new Pansat DVB-S2 Premium board, also update the firmware to the latest available from Pansat. (1229)

Thank you very much. When I purchased the unit used, I was just told that it had the 8PSK DVB-S2 board installed. I assumed it would be good for true FTA.

Take the cover off it and take a look. Compare to the S2 board pics at pansatusa. There are three versions. The original DVB-S2 Kit(No Blind Scan). Then the blindscan upgraded DVB-S2 Plus. And the latest offering, DVB-S2 Premium Kit (Replacement model for DVB-S2 Plus).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts