Pansat 9200HD DVB-S2 Signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.silverado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I am having a problem acquiring DVB-S2 signals on both Ku and C-band sats. I am unable to pick up any signal or quality on a linear sat, although all the standard DVB-S channels are fine. If I go to a circular satellite, the DVB-S2 signal and quality have been as high as 99% for both on Ku-band, even though they are scrambled channels. I don't understand why it won't work on linear. I am using a 33" motorized dish for Ku and a 10' Unimesh for C.
Any suggestions?

I don't know of ANY DVB-S2 signals on Ku band, circular polarity. I suspect that the 8psk board you have in your Pansat 9200 is the illuminati Turbo-8psk board, used to pirate Dishnet , before Nagra3 went into effect.
Make sure that you have a REAL DVB-S2 card in your Pansat, then get back to us. A real board in the Pansat, will not tune the Turbo-8psk modulated signals on the circular sats.
:)

And if you change to the new Pansat DVB-S2 Premium board, also update the firmware to the latest available from Pansat. (1229)

Thank you very much. When I purchased the unit used, I was just told that it had the 8PSK DVB-S2 board installed. I assumed it would be good for true FTA.

Take the cover off it and take a look. Compare to the S2 board pics at pansatusa. There are three versions. The original DVB-S2 Kit(No Blind Scan). Then the blindscan upgraded DVB-S2 Plus. And the latest offering, DVB-S2 Premium Kit (Replacement model for DVB-S2 Plus).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)