Pansat Pansat 9200hd Receiver Update

divendra

Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
california
I need help guys,i have a pansat 9200hd bought in 2008 didnt use it because of the storm.I have the receiver in Fiji Islands i will be travelling there pretty soon.Do i have to update my receiver? and if i do how to do that.I was just checking my thumbdrive that came with the receiver there is two files in that that is empty.Now if i have to update which file belongs to which on the thumb drive.thank you

I doubt you would have to upgrade the firmware. I do remember that when I updated mine to the latest(and last) FW upgrade, there was nothing that made it any better than the previous version.
Think the latest-last is #1226 (from memory, so take with a grain of salt) but haven't had the 9200 around for a couple of years. ?http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm
Might even be on this site in the download section.

Unless there is a specific reason to update, and you know an update will resolve, I would avoid updating older receivers. My bad experience with a Sonicview was due to firmware updating. The update brought with it "enhanced features" for stealing encrypted channels (which I didn't want) but resulted in the receiver being unstable and unusable. I was never able to resolve this and I had to get rid of an otherwise nice receiver.

Yeah, it comes back to me now. 1226 is older. 1229 didn't improve anything.
Suggest leaving well enough alone. Don't need to update the FW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts