Pansat 9200HD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carlpete

Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Indiana
Hi I Have a Pansat 9200HD receiver with software version 1226. I haven't used my dish in over a year, so I decided to reset my receiver and program the satellites in again. I can't get any signal on any of the satellites. I also have a 4DTV 922 receiver to move the dish, with all the old satellite maps. I did upgrade my 4DTV receiver to receive X4 and added the new data stream last time I used it. Last time my satellite system worked. Could it be that I need new software version for the Pansat or could it be that the old maps in the 4DTV receiver are not compatable with the Pansat 9200 receiver now? Also, I have the DVB-S2 board installed in the receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:mad:

I'm pretty sure that is the latest FW version for the 9200. (haven't turned my 9200 on in over a year)
Did you check the coax for corrosion? Check for lnb voltage at the dish? LNBF or lnb and polorotor? Check probe for correct movement? Check over dish for tipping pole or mount twisted on pole? Pretty much have to check it out, top to bottom, after it's extended 'vacation'.
Many of the pre programmed transponders are probably not there any more. (I know the tps in 1226 loaded into my 9200 were close to worthless) 87W (close to your due south) 3805 H 29125 DVB-S2
global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html will get you more to try. (TheList here is in need of an update)
Don't know anything of the 922, so will let those who know where to find what and where to them.

The "maps" in the 922 will have absolutely nothing to do with the 9200,the only interaction between the two is the 922 is moving the dish and perhaps changing the polarity for the 9200.That being said ,does the 922 get anything,the music channels on X4,the analog shopping channels on C4,or anything any where?If not get the 922 working first,as FaT Air mentioned check your connections,lnb,dish,alignment,bugs in the feedhorn,etc.Also the 922 may not be pointing the dish where it says it is,try bumping the dish a few,or more,clicks east or west and see if that brings anything in.After sitting for a year lots of things could be causing a problem.

Hi Thanks to Fat Air & waylew for you quick responses to my problem with my Pansat receiver. I checked over the things you guys mentioned & everything seemed to be in Ok condition. I decided to call Skyvision (I bought my Pansat 9200HD & 4DTV receiver from them) & talked to a technician to see what could be the problem. He said, I should at least get some free channels & music (as waylew mentioned) on my 4DTV receiver. After going through some things with him, he thought that my lnb is bad or the cable is cut somewhere as no signal is getting to the receivers. I new that the cable can't be cut because most of the cable is enclosed in plastic tubing. So, I ordered a lnb for c band now, just to get my satellite system working again (and I'll order the lnb for Ku later) for preseason football. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts