Pansat 9200HD RS232 Control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wizard101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Intro
I know I am not alone expressing my frustration with the Pansat9200 firmware. Glitchy is an understatement. I have read many forums on this topic and it seems Pansat is unwilling to fix or support (others to fix) there firmware problems.
One of my biggest complaints is programming of their PVR. Consistent performance is not possible.

Approach;
One work around is to buy pass the user firmware and set up the recording via the PC. While pansat will not divulge their commands;(like it some real secret), there is another apporach.
To this end I have begun a project to map RS232 the commands which perform various functions. As this project is just beginning, phase 1 will identify all the commands which are currently on the remote control. This is a starting point.

Solution;
At this point, I can change channels, volume, mute, info, mode, and more. Many commands are keyboard ascii char.When I complete the mapping I will post the results. If any one would like to contribute any help would be welcome. If any one knows C++ to write a GUI for these commands that would be a great asset.
More to come…

Once I heard that the 9200 uses a proprietary file system for recordings, that put it out of the running for me. Until somebody comes up with a GOOD HD receiver, I'll stick with my PCI DVB card and the Visionsat. Yes, I know I may not live that long :rolleyes: ;)

You are partly correct. The file format is DDR2 and is not read directly from windows. There is an application avaiable to scan your HDD for these files and pull them into windows. The file becomes xxx.ts and then can be played on the PC or back loaded onto the HDD. It seems to work quite well. The benifit of the pansat is you are recording from true MPEG-4 data stream.

I would like to know more about the DDR2 "program" that can mount the file system. As of now every thing I have tried has been useless.

Send a me a private message and I will provide the details.

Can you describe the current glitches with the firmware or share where you've read about them (pm if necessary). I just added the pansat to my list of possible next boxes and was searching for what annoyances persist with this box.

> To this end I have begun a project to map RS232 the commands which perform various functions.

How is your project progressing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)