Pansat 9500HDX FW running in S9!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
is there a wally world remote that will work?
Somebody once mentioned they had a remote that would operate the modern sat receivers.
I load the firmware with the upgrade tool v2.0.0c then switch to v 2.0.0f to save the individual chunks of firmware to pc.

after loading the firmware,it is on the default cw C band channel.
I load my tweaked channel list and it asks for a password when it reboots.

I know this is a little dated,but I loaded the pansat firmware on my openbox s9. And Was able to watch the CW just find, The CW is the default channel. I don't have a 9500 remote, but the 3500 remote works fine. I was able to go into the menu and set the time, play a game of tetris with no problem. What I can't do is edit channels,setup of satellites, or fart with the Hdd suff. The box would just freeze up. Also I was able to load the Manhattan Firmware and watch the CW. That was it, because I don't have the Manhattan remote. Also tried the Megasat 800 firmware,but it would not display anything. That's all I've got so far.

There may be hope for an alternate FW yet. There is a TEVII B600 that looks exactly like the old Solomend but I have yet to get my hands on the FW.

tevii.com/Products_B600_1.asp

the remotes at wally world today didn't list the sat brands like the good old days on the package,and I didn't want to gamble.I may dig up my old jp1 remote and try to figure out how to program it again with excel.

On the s10 the firmware locks up on the install menu and hdd menu.
I edited the channel list to get cnn on 118w,no audio out.I added the 3 favorites on 118w,ditto.
The info button shows vpid but no audio pid even tho it is set up correctly in the channel list.
The zoom function does zoom like old receivers.With no audio the firmware is only good for games.

On the s10 the firmware locks up on the install menu and hdd menu.
I edited the channel list to get cnn on 118w,no audio out.I added the 3 favorites on 118w,ditto.
The info button shows vpid but no audio pid even tho it is set up correctly in the channel list.
The zoom function does zoom like old receivers.With no audio the firmware is only good for games.

no audio on all channel's, or just the one's you added. The audio worked on my S9, but only checked on THE CW.

No cw since that was C band.
I deleted those and added 118w,since that was a fixed dish no motor worries.
Composite outputs on the s10

no audio on all channel's, or just the one's you added. The audio worked on my S9, but only checked on THE CW.

that was the with the default channel list,an important clue.
I made the mistake of using pvr800 channel editor to edit the channel list.
It was said you have to use the pansat channel editor,which showed some garbage when used on the openbox channel list, so I ignored that program.

9500hdx has clone detection,probably why some menus don't work.
info screen 11111 for the warning message.
That's probable why it shows an error message when I hit 111111? Anyone out there know how to make it clone safe?

that screen should also show the factory menu test,it is blank on my s10 due to being a clone.
A real s10 with s10 firmware shows the factory menu.

For those playing along at home,the altech set-one HD4U firmware will boot on a s10,but I can't figure out the universal remote codes to navigate.Their model tx-8000hd will boot also but with the same remote problem.The tx-8000 was a 2meg flash,which was interesting.As always,use the loader v2.0.0c to put the original firmware back on the receiver.
HD4u spits stuff out the rs232 port during boot if you use a terminal program like teraterm pro.It may be better on an old receiver like solomend 800,to get the tuner working.
Standard lzma compression on the maincode,no signs of protection_ic like the pansat 9500hdx firmware.Better looking gui from the limited views I had.

I read that the tx-8000hd firmware was compatible with Sand Martin Receiver DVB-3033-MP4. maybe you can find the remote code for this receiver?

sandmartin actually supplies the bootloader section for s9/s10
SMT---1.0.0
Firmware that boots so far has the --- in the rev
DVBS2---1.0.4 and DVBS2---1.2.0
Bootloader has to match that particular firmware,changes in the rev aren't reflected in
the rev number for s9/s10.I noticed this trying to crack a zip file with firmware that was
password protected.The bootloader section from say may 22 isn't the same as the bootloader section from 9-2,even tho they both say smt---1.0.0 2009-08-27

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)