Pansat 9500HDX FW running in S9!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
JIM, it will not take PS FW by USB...upgrade file is mismatch. It is still not decoding A/V but the media player works for recordings and A/V files. I'm working on it....gonna hair dry it again...

I agree Brent and I hope to get my S9 back...and I'm thinking if I flash it PS FW with RS232 it will then take more PS upgrades...but you can't go back to S9 without RS232.

I'm thinking its something to do with oscillator timing...it has S &Q, plays all media but no A/V lock. If it was really wild on Freq it couldn't decode it. But the S & Q seem stable...maybe just not stable enough for video lock. It sure scans fast...a whole bird in around 20 seconds on accurate scan! I'm sure that is because it is missing EVERYTHING....so it don't have to fiddle around remembering stuff.

And all this fantastic worthless info for FREE! Hahaha...

Moral of the story, don't get your STB drunk!

Well I'm, stuck...everything working good. No A/V icon. Loaded several FW and TP prog's and the only difference was one of them showed all channels scrambled, but still no A/V icon. Have not gotten any video out of it yet. This may be a hardware issue. The scrambled make me think maybe not. It was a change and I tend to think FW is not gonna fix a hardware issue so any change is good I guess. I also exported the tp prog from the ch editor and flashed it by 232...as .udf and .ddf files.

I can delete channels, rename them...but no way to get them back as it scans nothing...notta. Gonna spray 2 quarts of tuner cleaner in the metal box (tuner) and hair dry it...that is the only thing I have not cleaned. There was nothing there...but...out of options. Going to clean around the crystals too.

It is still stuck at no A/V or A/V icons. I did try cleaning it better around the CPU. When I booted it I got on, boot, --

SAME thing the beer did to it. I call this proof as I believe the FW is not at fault. I can duplicate the fault with liquid. I can't with FW. I do believe the FW became corrupted as a result of the beer. I fooled with it a lot before I pulled it out and seen the beer.

I may have screwed it up with the PS FW, but I think it is wet under the chip (ALI M3602). The hair dryer gets really hot fast! Afraid to over heat it. I have not seen anyone with signal and no A/V besides scrambled or bad PID's etc, and no one with no AC3/MPG/MPG1 icons etc.

Looking at the diagrams of the M3501 DVB-S/S2 demodulator (appears to be working) it takes the signal from the tuner and prepares it for the ALI M3602 to decode. I am not getting decoding. Good signal, all other functions work, even the media player. Which makes me think it is able to decode A/V. Looking in the box there are data lines to the HDMI, RAM, and to the M3501. Checking it out I see no problems, with a 6" magnifying glass.

I think it will work when dry. Then I will flash the PS FW just for the fun of it because I know I can get back to S9 FW.

If it don't work, I'm looking for a good used S9 because I want to buy a Manhattan or the new ME, or maybe a 9500HDX...I don't want to spend a lot of cash until I see how the new receiver game plays out.

You might take out the main board, rinse it well in the bathtub , blow it dry, and then give it another day to dry out, and try it again. We used to clean up boards this way and dry them in a heated cabinet for a day or so, before trying them out. Sometimes it cleans up just fine. :)

Hi brent,

I haven't even thanked you or any of the other guys for your advice, so thank you all. I'm starting to have doubts and as I said I wasn't planning to spend no money on a box unless it was a newer, different brand model with excellent reports.

Problem is I just built a Phenom II X4, bought two laptops, the S9 and accessories (LNB & two HDTV's), two wedding dresses and got married + a honeymoon! Was trying to hang on to money for awhile, at least until Christmas or new box time.

I know, two dresses...first one didn't fit in the bust. I got two nice wedding dresses for sale. One never worn!

I have dried keyboards and stuff in the oven. Wash them and heat it up to about 125, turn it off (in case you forget) and lay them in there. Nice dry heat. Here it has cooled off and gotten humid.

Anyway, thanks again and it looks like the S9 main board may get a trip to the oven.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brent, Jim, and all the rest of ya,

I'M VERY HAPPY TO REPORT the S9 has sobered up! All functions are working running on (sorry Jim) 8-8-2011 S9 FW. I can't flash the PS FW right now because the wife is in the BR where the desktop is and the laptop don't have 232.

Now, I was right, starting to doubt myself. It was the 3602...I took it apart and sprayed no less than half a can of tuner cleaner straight under and through the pins of the chip(was not going to do it again!). I then took canned air and done the same thing. The residue left on the board tells the story of what was under it as the cleaner nor the air leave residue.

I then blow dried it directly from the side just as I sprayed it. Came on, booted, dish moving....no pic, hit exit...bam, got a pic.

NOW WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS:

Not yelling...just marking the important stuff. First don't put beer in your STB, I didn't.

Anyway, at this point I know you can 232 Pansat 9500HDX FW to the S9 and get back to fully functional S9 FW. This was done all on 232 because the box was acting so stupid I couldn't test the PS FW. Whether it works or not I will post later. I'm pooped from working on it. I was trying to be careful and not over heat it or break it trying to fix it.

I was pretty upset to the point I was gonna make'em pay for it even if it did start working! So I flashed it with PS FW...what the hey, right. That was the first life I seen out of it for hours. Great, PS FW don't run so I'll just put S9 in it and be good to go. Wrong!

I have a program to list the blocks of info for the FW and the PS FW main code is at a different address than the S9. I posted about the Megasat HD800 a while back, Jim read it. I flashed that to it too. So it can be flashed to that too and recovered back to S9 FW.

The Megasat FW was flashed right after the PS FW and I got nothing...exactly like the S9 FW. The HD800 has a different boot loader, but at the same address so I figured it would work. I can't wait to see if either function and check out that worthless clock that in my opinion is grounds for a warranty claim because they advertise it and they know it don't work.

We put up with it because it's the best we can do.

There is also a STB called a Tevii B600 that I have seen the inside of...need to go look at it again. I have not found FW for it and I even emailed asking for it with no reply. I also have another program that lists the hardware that the FW is programmed for. The Megasat is the exact same and so is the 9500HDX as far as tuner, CPU etc. This does not report infra red IC etc. so you may end up with a box that works if the remote and front buttons would work.

Either the B600 or the 800 HD (I believe it is 800 HD, not HD800) is so close a match it ain't funny and they have different FW, though I have only seen pics of the B600 FW.

There is a Hibox, Yumy S9 HD (yes, Yumy), and a few other boxes that use S9 FW so they are no good for alternate FW. Tevii.com has the B600 info and google the rest...I think I found all the Megasat info at a seller site...have to look up the old post.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not...But I have not seen dozens of updates for the Megasat or the Tevii box meaning support sucks or they don't need'em! Wouldn't that be nice...don't care because you don't need'em!

Anyway, these are pretty tough little boxes when it comes down to it. Sure do wish they'd cop to a hardware screw up and publish a fix for it, assuming it could be done.

Wow, thought it was pixelating bad...storms on the HD weather map!!! HAHAHA

All in all it was worth it...would've been more fun without the stress of the beer!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey Guys
What a nice reading. Tooked me some time to read all the post. What experienced!!! I'm glad yankee was able to bring his S9 back.:up

yankee495; Problem is two wedding dresses and got married + a honeymoon. I have dried keyboards and stuff in the oven. [/QUOTE said:
Yankee,

If you just got married and have "stuff in the oven"

Hmmnn......

You might take out the main board, rinse it well in the bathtub , blow it dry, and then give it another day to dry out, and try it again. We used to clean up boards this way and dry them in a heated cabinet for a day or so, before trying them out. Sometimes it cleans up just fine. :)

I have salvaged several computers and printers using this same rinse and dry thoroughly before testing method. One printer even had a milkshake spilled in it and worked fine after rinsing thoroughly and drying for 48 hours.

I have salvaged several computers and printers using this same rinse and dry thoroughly before testing method. One printer even had a milkshake spilled in it and worked fine after rinsing thoroughly and drying for 48 hours.

I described this technique to one of my co-workers about 20 years ago, and he tried it out. Unfortunately, the "hairdryer" he was using to dry out the keyboard, was way too hot for the careless way he was doing the job, and he melted down the keycaps. So we hung the keyboard on the wall by his workbench, as one of our many accomplishments. :) I've seen surface mount components slide right off the board, when heated too enthusiastically . That's a heartbreaker ! :)

Yankee

Did you ever get the megasat firmware to load ?

I have noticed they have a different loader file

Mega sat
Identifiant du Block : 23010010
Offset : 0
Taille : 65536
Nom : HS11
Version : 35004-01029

Identifiant du Block : 01FE0101
Offset : 65536
Taille : 2162688
Nom : maincode
Version : V1.0 Basis

Openbox
Identifiant du Block : 23010010
Offset : 0
Taille : 65536
Nom : bootloader
Version : SMT---1.0.0

Identifiant du Block : 01FE0101
Offset : 65536
Taille : 1900544
Nom : maincode
Version : SMT 1.0.0

would be great if mega sat could be loaded on a openbox S10 as their firmware is a lot better.

Yankee

Did you ever get the megasat firmware to load ?

I have noticed they have a different loader file

would be great if mega sat could be loaded on a openbox S10 as their firmware is a lot better.

I loaded it, but it never booted. This was at the time it wouldn't run anything but the PS 9500HDX FW.

I have not tried it again. I've been too busy...when the wife ain't watching it I'll try it as I know I can flash to it...

I loaded it, but it never booted. This was at the time it wouldn't run anything but the PS 9500HDX FW.

I have not tried it again. I've been too busy...when the wife ain't watching it I'll try it as I know I can flash to it...

I have tried it several times but got no output from it (but this was on a clone box at the time) I have since exchanged the box for a genuine one.

I cannot see why it would not work as the two main files are located at the same memory addresses and was wondering if we need the megasat loader program? as there seems to be a config file that comes with the loaders that i think has a list of the memory addresses it uploads too?

Pansat 9500hdx

I know this is a little dated,but I loaded the pansat firmware on my openbox s9. And Was able to watch the CW just find, The CW is the default channel. I don't have a 9500 remote, but the 3500 remote works fine. I was able to go into the menu and set the time, play a game of tetris with no problem. What I can't do is edit channels,setup of satellites, or fart with the Hdd suff. The box would just freeze up. Also I was able to load the Manhattan Firmware and watch the CW. That was it, because I don't have the Manhattan remote. Also tried the Megasat 800 firmware,but it would not display anything. That's all I've got so far.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts