Pansat "Symbol range and 1.2 Recalculation" features ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
The image is from the Pansat 3500 manual but these are also in the 2700 manual.

Does anyone know how to use these two Pansat features?

I can find the "Symbol range" in the "Smart search" menu but I can not select any options.

I can not find the Diseqc 1.2 Recalculation function at all.

Thanks.

Attachments

• pansat3500.JPG
    pansat3500.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 231
The symbol rate thing basically allows you to fine tune what to look for in a smart scan. I'd leave it at full. Basically the options are to find symbol rates
-all (full)
-higher than 7500
-lower than 7500

The symbol rate thing basically allows you to fine tune what to look for in a smart scan. I'd leave it at full. Basically the options are to find symbol rates
-all (full)
-higher than 7500
-lower than 7500

Thanks Iceberg for the reply, but how would I select the "lower than 7500" option, or the "higher than 7500" , I can not get mine to change from the "full" option.

Thanks.

That I do not know. Can you go down to that and scroll with right or left arrow? I know the Fortec can

I have a 3500 and have never been able to change the Symbol range either. Nothing I pressed did anything to that field.

As for the diseqc recalculation, I cannot find anything like that on my receiver either. Maybe these features were just dropped options

-all (full)
-higher than 7500
-lower than 7500

I know you said that the arrow keys didn't change it
when your on the "Symbol Range" button and hit enter does it let you change it to "Full , higher , lower" ??

yeah the picture was small couldn't see all the buttons
on the coolsat if you don't read every bit of the screen you miss something
it adds stuff like "delete TP" "add TP's" ect but it uses colored buttons
didn't know if the pansat did the same or if enter let you change a few options

I've noticed, that when you have the LNB Configuration highlighted, the word "OK" is on the line. But, when you have the Symbol Range highlighted, the word "OK" is not on the line. Which suggest to me, it's missing part of the SW, perhaps. Or it was a plan, that didn't make it to the receiver?

Al

Probably was part of a plan that never made it in... just like the dvb world usb device has a coax input that says nc which means no connection because it doesn't do anything - it was originally suppossed to be for ota connection I think.

I've also noticed that if you use bins to load channel files and stuff back and forth from channel master you may have problems loading new satellites in to 3500 manually with remote control.... using channel master is a bit easier to do so that's the way to do it.

yeah, the channel/sat list bug is one I figured was just a goofy way pansat handled the channel master edited lists. I use CM for all that stuff anyways so it doesn't affect me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.