Paper Bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I don't understand why I can't have Voom stop sending me statements through the mail. I don't like to receive statements when they are automatically taken from my account and I can see them on the web.

They do this as a reminder that they are going to autopay your account.I dont think it is necessary also but look at it as a friendely reminder............DIGITAL~DAN

I get that point but if I request them to stop sending them they say they can't. It's no big thing just something I wish they would change.

Not to say this would happen with Voom, but it's also to protect you from billing errors and the like. Its a paper record of your account.

I wish companies would put a halt to these mailings and just deduct an extra 37 cents from my bill. :)

I asked them to send me a Paper Bill unless there was a monthly reduction when setting up my VOOM Account, even tho several of my charges are automatically charged to my Credit Cards. I thought it was an option. Many Companies now ask that they Do Not send you a monthly paper bill and send it "On-Line", however if they don't pass the savings on, I decline.( I read that the savings is estimated at $1.25 per notice with cost of material & labor) I have paid all my bills "On-Line" for several years and maybe write five paper checks a year, but don't think we should save any company this cost unless there is a monthly savings (not a one time thing as some have offered me) passed on to us.

I do all of my payments via electronic bill pay and here's my experience: Shell & Chevron both stopped sending me paper bills since I elected for Ebills. I bank with Wells Fargo and have the following issue with both companies: I receive a bill due notice in my email from Wells Fargo telling me my Shell or Chevron bill is, say $10. I rarely use my cards, maybe once or twice a month for each company so I thought I actually owed $10. Over a period of 4 months, I went online to Shell and looked at my account and I owed them $174! I about dropped a load in my pants. I called them and asked why I was getting a bill for $10 when I owed $174 and they said that is the minimum payment due. They said the problem was with WF, so I called them and they said the problem is with how they receive the bill from Shell. WTF??? Now I owe Shell & Chevron more money than I thought I did because I never received a paper bill to verify my statement and neither one will send a paper bill since I get an ebill.

Word of caution to other online junkies: Check your account regularly.

I pay all bills eclectronically, but still receive paper invoices from every company I do business with.

Easier that way.

Lob

Lobstah said:
I pay all bills eclectronically, but still receive paper invoices from every company I do business with.

Easier that way.
Lob
I agree, but Shell refuses to send me a paper bill, they say it's one or the other but not both. :no

Well it's clear to me that they want you to pay that 19% Interest on the balance and ONLY pay that minimum payment each month! Good Deal for them, BAD for you! You will never pay these charges off in your lifetime and may even pay late charges you are not aware of. Demand paper invoice or cancel these cards! Good Luck...

I just found out that the entire statement is available through my Bill Pay page at Wells Fargo, I just didn't know about it. The CSR at WF was very helpful and they are going to look into why the entire amount doesn't come through on my Ebill.

I can see my bill online through Voom. The paper bill is a waste of paper. I understand those that want it but if you request not to have it they should make the customer happy. Plus the bill comes after the charge that is also pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)