This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Paramount +

The time it take for video playback to become clear.

Reactions: TheKrell
I see it on more than just one app which is why I suspected it might be something else or maybe a combination of things. I know I've seen it with Netflix and Hulu as well.

I'll have to watch on one of my Roku TV's
I tried it and it looks pretty good from the 1st second. No ramping up in resolution is obvious from 10'.
I see it on more than just one app which is why I suspected it might be something else or maybe a combination of things. I know I've seen it with Netflix and Hulu as well.
I'm thinking that you're looking at a fairly subtle low-res few seconds which I might not even notice. On the FireTV Stick, it's just ghastly pixellation and takes minutes to get better. This problem began when I switched from Paramount+ accessed through the Prime Video app (perfect PQ to my eye), and the standalone Paramount+ app which is horrible on FireTV Sticks and pretty decent on a Roku TV.

I may be seeing this momentarily on my Firestick 4K, but not at all on my Firestick 4K MAX. I have a 64 GB memory stick installed on the MAX, but I don't know if that makes any difference for this problem.

I don't see anything like that on my Apple TV but i do on my Roku Ultra. On the Roku I gear up in about 5 seconds. I have 500 down for my internet.

I don't see anything like that on my Apple TV but i do on my Roku Ultra. On the Roku I gear up in about 5 seconds. I have 500 down for my internet.
Interesting. It's possible that my RokuTV did that for 5 seconds. On second thought, I don't think it did because the lettering came through perfectly from the very 1st second.
I may be seeing this momentarily on my Firestick 4K, but not at all on my Firestick 4K MAX. I have a 64 GB memory stick installed on the MAX, but I don't know if that makes any difference for this problem.
I may have to buy a MAX and experiment. Since the regular 4K Stick is plenty fast enough for us, I didn't think the MAX would be needed. Even the regular HD Stick was OK; it's just that they kept dying on me. I still have one I take with us on vacation.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYDutch

When I see it, it is pretty noticeable and seems to take a good 10-30 seconds to clear up. This is not unlike when internet streaming was in the early days. I had gotten used to almost perfect PQ right from the start of playback. Just a few seconds might not catch my eye, but what I've been seeing recently is definitely noticeable.

Everything is wired in my house ( have 6 Access points), with the Roku Ultra ( 2022 Model)I never have a issue, but it only has a 10/100 ethernet port ( have 1 gig speed), with my Sony Z9K, I have a USB Ethernet adapter, so I usually get over 900 down on it, yet the Sony and it’s Google/Android TV apps I have the most trouble with ramping up the picture quality.

They also crash a lot, Paramount is the worse on it.

On the Hopper+ I have been required to force stop then restart the Paramount app then it will work fine, feels like it doesn't close all the way then crashes.
I used to have to do that all the time on my Sony’s Google/Android TV apps, Paramount+ was the worse.

Never on my Roku Ultra(s) or the Roku TVs I have had.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I used to have to do that all the time on my Sony’s Google/Android TV apps, Paramount+ was the worse.

Never on my Roku Ultra(s) or the Roku TVs I have had.
Absolutely the worst! My Samsung TV has problems with Paramount. Can't count the number of times I had to stream it from my PC to TV!

On the Hopper+ I have been required to force stop then restart the Paramount app then it will work fine, feels like it doesn't close all the way then crashes.
Is there a Paramount+ available on my H3 without the H+? If so, I should try it to see if it shows high res from the start.

Does anyone have a Phone number to actually Talk to Paramount Plus to fix a possible issue ?

I found what I thought was a Contact number,
888-841-3343
But it was not of any use, just a recording ...

Most of the time when I try to go into Paramount+ app it comes back with an error message, if I go back out of it and back in, it will start normally.

This was one I got for half price around Black Friday, If I uninstall and reinstall, I hope it still knows me.

Edit: I uninstalled and re installed, we'll see if that helped any next time I get into it.

Last edited:
Let me guess, the app on your TV?

There is a known issue with the app, I have with my Sony and it has been posted by other users, all with Sony TVs, so something is obviously wrong.

Some success with deleted and re-installing, but it goes bad again later on.

Works perfect on my Roku Ultra.

Of Course it does.

Bruce,
Every time I see this thread’s title, I think that there was an outage to the Paramount+ streaming service which has since been remedied. Maybe you can change the Title to “Paramount+ Subscriber Numbers Up Again” or have a Mod do it…

Reactions: Jimbo
Got a deal, so joined P+ for a trial period. Couple of questions for you guys...

1) I can't get the news or live TV to work. Have to use a CDN account though I suspect that might be a problem. The account is supposed to be full service. Do I need a VPN to watch this live content?

2) Is there a windows app for this service (like Netflix)? Watching with FireFox browser. I don't have a smart TV. I can't seem to find the app but maybe I just missed it.
I use a windows laptop via HDMI on the living room TV.

I also note the PQ is a bit better than Netflix, but the bandwidth is just a bit higher than netflix too, not an issue I don't think since we are using Starlink service here.