Paramount +

When you say 'ramp up' are you speaking of the time it takes to actually get to the UI after clicking on the app or the time it takes to get to a clear screen? I have noticed that it does take some time to get to the UI on Paramount+. All the rest of the apps that I use seem to work quickly.
The time it take for video playback to become clear.

Reactions: TheKrell
I vote for the app itself. This presumably is why my initial resolution now starts out so abysmally low, whereas it was perfect from the start when I was subbed through Amazon Prime. That was a hard cutover on Nov 30th.

Now, via my independent sub and separate Paramount+ app, it really sucks and takes a number of minutes to improve. CGA graphics, anyone? :mad:
I see it on more than just one app which is why I suspected it might be something else or maybe a combination of things. I know I've seen it with Netflix and Hulu as well.

I'll have to watch on one of my Roku TV's
I tried it and it looks pretty good from the 1st second. No ramping up in resolution is obvious from 10'.
I see it on more than just one app which is why I suspected it might be something else or maybe a combination of things. I know I've seen it with Netflix and Hulu as well.
I'm thinking that you're looking at a fairly subtle low-res few seconds which I might not even notice. On the FireTV Stick, it's just ghastly pixellation and takes minutes to get better. This problem began when I switched from Paramount+ accessed through the Prime Video app (perfect PQ to my eye), and the standalone Paramount+ app which is horrible on FireTV Sticks and pretty decent on a Roku TV.

I may be seeing this momentarily on my Firestick 4K, but not at all on my Firestick 4K MAX. I have a 64 GB memory stick installed on the MAX, but I don't know if that makes any difference for this problem.

I don't see anything like that on my Apple TV but i do on my Roku Ultra. On the Roku I gear up in about 5 seconds. I have 500 down for my internet.

I don't see anything like that on my Apple TV but i do on my Roku Ultra. On the Roku I gear up in about 5 seconds. I have 500 down for my internet.
Interesting. It's possible that my RokuTV did that for 5 seconds. On second thought, I don't think it did because the lettering came through perfectly from the very 1st second.
I may be seeing this momentarily on my Firestick 4K, but not at all on my Firestick 4K MAX. I have a 64 GB memory stick installed on the MAX, but I don't know if that makes any difference for this problem.
I may have to buy a MAX and experiment. Since the regular 4K Stick is plenty fast enough for us, I didn't think the MAX would be needed. Even the regular HD Stick was OK; it's just that they kept dying on me. I still have one I take with us on vacation.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYDutch
I'm thinking that you're looking at a fairly subtle low-res few seconds which I might not even notice. On the FireTV Stick, it's just ghastly pixellation and takes minutes to get better. This problem began when I switched from Paramount+ accessed through the Prime Video app (perfect PQ to my eye), and the standalone Paramount+ app which is horrible on FireTV Sticks and pretty decent on a Roku TV.

When I see it, it is pretty noticeable and seems to take a good 10-30 seconds to clear up. This is not unlike when internet streaming was in the early days. I had gotten used to almost perfect PQ right from the start of playback. Just a few seconds might not catch my eye, but what I've been seeing recently is definitely noticeable.

• Sad
Everything is wired in my house ( have 6 Access points), with the Roku Ultra ( 2022 Model)I never have a issue, but it only has a 10/100 ethernet port ( have 1 gig speed), with my Sony Z9K, I have a USB Ethernet adapter, so I usually get over 900 down on it, yet the Sony and it’s Google/Android TV apps I have the most trouble with ramping up the picture quality.

They also crash a lot, Paramount is the worse on it.

• Sad
On the Hopper+ I have been required to force stop then restart the Paramount app then it will work fine, feels like it doesn't close all the way then crashes.
I used to have to do that all the time on my Sony’s Google/Android TV apps, Paramount+ was the worse.

Never on my Roku Ultra(s) or the Roku TVs I have had.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I used to have to do that all the time on my Sony’s Google/Android TV apps, Paramount+ was the worse.

Never on my Roku Ultra(s) or the Roku TVs I have had.
Absolutely the worst! My Samsung TV has problems with Paramount. Can't count the number of times I had to stream it from my PC to TV!

On the Hopper+ I have been required to force stop then restart the Paramount app then it will work fine, feels like it doesn't close all the way then crashes.
Is there a Paramount+ available on my H3 without the H+? If so, I should try it to see if it shows high res from the start.

Does anyone have a Phone number to actually Talk to Paramount Plus to fix a possible issue ?

I found what I thought was a Contact number,
888-841-3343
But it was not of any use, just a recording ...

Most of the time when I try to go into Paramount+ app it comes back with an error message, if I go back out of it and back in, it will start normally.

This was one I got for half price around Black Friday, If I uninstall and reinstall, I hope it still knows me.

Edit: I uninstalled and re installed, we'll see if that helped any next time I get into it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Phone number to actually Talk to Paramount Plus to fix a possible issue ?

I found what I thought was a Contact number,
888-841-3343
But it was not of any use, just a recording ...

Most of the time when I try to go into Paramount+ app it comes back with an error message, if I go back out of it and back in, it will start normally.

This was one I got for half price around Black Friday, If I uninstall and reinstall, I hope it still knows me.

Edit: I uninstalled and re installed, we'll see if that helped any next time I get into it.
Let me guess, the app on your TV?

There is a known issue with the app, I have with my Sony and it has been posted by other users, all with Sony TVs, so something is obviously wrong.

Some success with deleted and re-installing, but it goes bad again later on.

Works perfect on my Roku Ultra.

• Sad
Let me guess, the app on your TV?

There is a known issue with the app, I have with my Sony and it has been posted by other users, all with Sony TVs, so something is obviously wrong.

Some success with deleted and re-installing, but it goes bad again later on.

Works perfect on my Roku Ultra.
Of Course it does.

Bruce,
Every time I see this thread’s title, I think that there was an outage to the Paramount+ streaming service which has since been remedied. Maybe you can change the Title to “Paramount+ Subscriber Numbers Up Again” or have a Mod do it…

Reactions: Jimbo
Got a deal, so joined P+ for a trial period. Couple of questions for you guys...

1) I can't get the news or live TV to work. Have to use a CDN account though I suspect that might be a problem. The account is supposed to be full service. Do I need a VPN to watch this live content?

2) Is there a windows app for this service (like Netflix)? Watching with FireFox browser. I don't have a smart TV. I can't seem to find the app but maybe I just missed it.
I use a windows laptop via HDMI on the living room TV.

I also note the PQ is a bit better than Netflix, but the bandwidth is just a bit higher than netflix too, not an issue I don't think since we are using Starlink service here.