Paramount +

But interesting that now its only $15 as an "advanced receiver fee"
Maybe Mom needs to call in and see if they can reduce that fee

But interesting that now its only $15 as an "advanced receiver fee"
Maybe Mom needs to call in and see if they can reduce that fee
When did this happen ?
What does this Adv. Rec fee consist of now ?

I went to look at my bill and found that its the "All Included" so the fees are not broke down anymore on my bill.

Just curious, I am using Chrome and went to directv.com and it said
Access Denied (I used the correct user and password) tried multiple times.

Why would that be ?

I went on Edge and got right in ...

Last edited:
When I went to directv website and went through like I was creating an order.
It shows $15 and says advanced receiver fee
E529E115-0913-49FA-A8FB-9DDFD23E56A4.png

You can add the promo code to your existing account under account settings. It worked for me. When you pay annually, it's $7.50 per month.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 8.30.40 PM.png

Reactions: Howard Simmons

You can add the promo code to your existing account under account settings. It worked for me. When you pay annually, it's $7.50 per month.

View attachment 162380
I tried it and got it to work. :)

Reactions: mackie99
I am having a bizarre Paramount+ buffering issue, and I am looking for some way to fix it.

I have 2 4K Roku TVs which work great on all programs on Paramount+. I also have 2 4K FireTV Sticks on my two dumb HDTV's. I even bought a 4K Max to see if that would fix it, and it did not.

Here's the issue. When playing back STNG programs on these 2 4K FireTV Sticks, I can get maybe halfway into the program and it starts buffering and putting up a small message about optimizing the picture. It may recover and play for a few minutes more. But at some point, it will give up and tell me I can't play the video and kick me back to the Seasons an Episodes display. It does not remember where it was when this happens, so I have difficulty restarting it. Other Star Trek shows (I was watching Lower Decks and SNW last night) play without an issue.

This is driving me crazy and seems highly specific to Paramount+, STNG, and my 4K FireTV Sticks. Got any ideas? I am stumped.

I am having a bizarre Paramount+ buffering issue, and I am looking for some way to fix it.

I have 2 4K Roku TVs which work great on all programs on Paramount+. I also have 2 4K FireTV Sticks on my two dumb HDTV's. I even bought a 4K Max to see if that would fix it, and it did not.

Here's the issue. When playing back STNG programs on these 2 4K FireTV Sticks, I can get maybe halfway into the program and it starts buffering and putting up a small message about optimizing the picture. It may recover and play for a few minutes more. But at some point, it will give up and tell me I can't play the video and kick me back to the Seasons an Episodes display. It does not remember where it was when this happens, so I have difficulty restarting it. Other Star Trek shows (I was watching Lower Decks and SNW last night) play without an issue.

This is driving me crazy and seems highly specific to Paramount+, STNG, and my 4K FireTV Sticks. Got any ideas? I am stumped.
Could be the app needs a update, or your sticks are older, or they do not have enough horsepower for the app due to not enough memory, had a update and the stick did not like it.

Easy thing to do, uninstall and reinstall ( have to log in again).

This is why I prefer the Roku, not the prettiest interface, but it just works.

Reactions: TheKrell

There are a number of possible reasons for this behavior. One which I find fixes things more often than not is changing the DNS servers your device is using. This is usually set on your internet router (assuming you have your own and aren't just using the one your ISP provided), although you can always change it manually on the device itself. I recently was having trouble with a number of services on my AppleTV 4Ks when using Cloudflare's DNS servers. For whatever reason, it seems as though it was directing my devices to use the wrong CDN servers, as in west coast servers despite being on the east coast. After I switched to OpenDNS, the problems went away.

As for why it would affect one kind of device and not another, the hostnames that each app uses, whether Roku or Android or whatever, are hard-coded, and can be different for different platforms. There are reasons for this as each platform supports different intermediate resolutions and bit rates, and they also size the CDN cache server pools based on market share.

That doesn't mean this is your problem, but I run into it often enough that I think it is worth trying a different DNS provider to see if it helps.

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
I'm using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I can't imagine how that affects video playback in the middle of a program...

I'm using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I can't imagine how that affects video playback in the middle of a program...
In theory, it should not, unless it is causing you to hit the wrong cache server. I used to use google's DNS, but I eventually had issues, including buffering partway through a show, and switched. It could be something else entirely though, so YMMV.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just a Heads UP ...
Anyone that is looking to add Paramount Plus or re up ...

They currently have a Paramount Plus + Showtime deal for half price.
Reg Price is $119, so half is $ 60, I found that to be a good deal for Paramount Plus and found that Showtime was included.

Just a Heads UP ...

Reg Price is $119, so half is $ 60, I found that to be a good deal for Paramount Plus and found that Showtime was included.
Considering Showtime alone ( no Paramount+ content) is $12 a month with Traditional Providers, the online deal makes it $5 a month if paid in full.

Also, a lot of Showtime content is in 4K with the streaming service, not with Traditional.

And you get live feeds of CBS, Showtime East/West and a few others.

I've been fiddling with the website, and it just won't let me re-up; it seems to be only for new subs. How do you get that deal?

Only for new subs, yeah.

Found an article about the recent promotions - Disney and Paramount Plus are discounting various plans
found this-

The limited-time deal offers 50% off a Paramount Plus annual subscription, meaning plans will start at just $2.50 a month for 12 months. To use this discount, you’ll need to enter the promo code SPORTS when registering for an account. If you want to take advantage of these low rates, you’ll have to register soon though. The promo code expires in less than a month, on September 20.

Reactions: Jimbo
I've been fiddling with the website, and it just won't let me re-up; it seems to be only for new subs. How do you get that deal?
If your Logged in, Sign Out and then back in, go to your Account, then 3/4 way down the page you'll see Redeem Coupon, instead of Redeem Gift Card (when you were logged in it said GC)
Use code Sports Or Fall and you'll get the deal.

3/4 way down the page you'll see Redeem Coupon, instead of Redeem Gift Card
I have only the Redeem Gift Card. There is no link to click on for Redeem Coupon. It also shows I am already on the 50% off plan, so perhaps that's the difference.