Parents name their child "Crimson Tide"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
oh good lord...this is why some parents should not breed

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...elcome-their-new-son-Crimson?urn=ncaaf,231447

Alabama fans show their unique and undying obsession with the Crimson Tide in many creative ways: Detailed reproductions of cherished moments, carefully worded stays of justice in trials, elaborate full-body tattoos, Bear Bryant-based reinterpretations of Shakespeare, offering infants to be autographed, etc. And, though they can't pass on their love via DNA (yet; the state's best gene therapists are working around the clock), they can brand their offspring with 'Bama-themed names, as the Witts of Hartselle, Ala., did with both of their boys, Tyde and Saban, in 2005 and 2007.

Not to be outdone in their devotion, J.L. and Jackie Redd of Tallassee, Ala., took the next step in January by introducing their son, Crimson Tide Redd, to the world:

What is so strange

We have a few people here who have kids named HD-DVD and VOOM ---or is it VOOMella?

Here's an original name: Seven.

Come on...Seinfeld episode Alert! You should have gone for Soda, a bit more obscure though still from that very same episode. I do though know a girl, well, she is a woman now but her name is...and I do not jest...

Cigarette Moskovitz.

I also know a woman whose name is Infinity Spiro, not that strange hugh, well, you have to take into account that her younger brother is.....Zero Spiro.

..... and you guys think I am crazy when I tell stories about Alabama fans.:D

Local radio sports show here where callers call in all of the time bragging on how they name their son "Bear" or "Nick".

I am thinking "boy, great time to go on satellite radio" (which the program did a few weeks ago.)

You should have gone for Soda, a bit more obscure though still from that very same episode.

Hey, Soda Pop and Pony Boy were character names in the book (and movie) "The Outsiders" Nothing new there.

But parents who think are being creative saddle their kids with some names the kids have to deal with.

A local politician's name here is Dusty Rhodes. A friend of my mother's is called "White Star" (in Spanish), I went to School with a poor girl named Mary Kris Mahs. And there is a local school gymnasium named after a beloved former coach and teacher Dick Berning.

See ya
Tony

Hey, Soda Pop and Pony Boy were character names in the book (and movie) "The Outsiders" Nothing new there.

But parents who think are being creative saddle their kids with some names the kids have to deal with.

A local politician's name here is Dusty Rhodes. A friend of my mother's is called "White Star" (in Spanish), I went to School with a poor girl named Mary Kris Mahs. And there is a local school gymnasium named after a beloved former coach and teacher Dick Berning.

See ya
Tony
Is he named after the wrestler?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)