Partial and Total signal loss message in error.

I have the same problem. The message on screen doesn't state an OTA signal loss. It stats a satellite signal loss but the fact is the satellite signals are just fine it's the OTA that loses the signal yet for some reason it effects the satellite channel I'm watching.. Clicking guide and then live TV resolves the problem until the OTA drops signal again. It only effects live TV.. Recorders are never interupted. Very strange and very annoying.
drove me crazy too... go out and check the OTA antenna or delete that channel till the wind stops...

I have a 722 running software version L676. I've been experiencing the "Loss of Satellite Signal" problem for about a week or so now intermittently. Most of the channels I'm having a problem with appear to be on 119: Comedy, Lifetime, E!, FX, TBS, ESPNAlt, MLB, Spike, Nick, Toon, CNN, HLN, FXNews, CNBC, Travel... but a few are on 129. The signal will disappear and the "Loss of Full Signal" message #1 will come up, and then it'll change to the "Partial Loss" message #2. If I wait long enough... sometimes just a minute or two, other times 5 minutes or more, the signal will return.

It's affecting my recordings, too. It's doing a late start on some of the programs. Once the recording starts, though, the signal seems to remain okay through the rest of the show. For the past two weeks I've got a late start on "Gunsmoke" on Retroplex. I missed 20 minutes last week and 17 minutes tonight.

This is getting very frustrating and Dish doesn't have an answer.

Larry
SF

I am having the "Loss of Satellite Signal" also. I can immediately retrieve the signal by presssing the Program Guide button. Probably the operating system. Guess we will have to wait for an update?

I have experienced this problem also. I have a 722K and a 722 and have only experienced this problem on my 722K. I too think there's a bug in the software since it only affects one of my receivers.

Also seeing this problem. Was on the phone with Dish Tech Support and it happened about 5 times. I have a 722 and a 211. Both were on at the same time on the same channel and I only saw the "Partial Signal Loss" on the 722. Sending a Tech out this weekend to check it out. Happens all the time during the day my wife says. A quick channel up, then down or Menu brings the picture back. It would almost be less annoying if the picture actually came back on its own. My sw version is 677. I believe it was recently updated for the Dish Movie Pass menu, and it started happening around then....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)