Participant to shut down Pivot Network

Now we're dealing with semantics. But the difference is, rebranding means there's still a channel there, otherwise, there's nothing. A niche channel owned by a bigger conglomerate will more likely be rebranded, rather than just disappear.

Now we're dealing with semantics.

Yes, but I think it's an important distinction.

A niche channel owned by a bigger conglomerate will more likely be rebranded, rather than just disappear.

Much like radio stations, if the classic rock station is turned into a hip-hop station, it effectively gone.

If the channel showing history documentaries starts showing reality shows it's gone. They just reuse the bandwidth for a new channel.

SciFi is the only case I know of that kept much of the old content. But still a far cry from what it was.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The first and not the last ,of many niche channels that will be either going away or consolidated together in the future. The 90's expansion of hundreds of niche channels is now in reverse. I look for many of them to go away as skinny bundles, add on packs and full on ala cart starts becoming the norm , instead of the exception.
The irony here is that Pivot is in the skinny bundle. (Flex Pack)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)