Participant to shut down Pivot Network

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
viceland is what happens when you try to create a channel for a bunch of people who don't and still don't watch tv

They watch but simply don't pay ridiculous prices for it. They also don't feel a need to post updates on msg boards about PQ and what have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They watch but simply don't pay ridiculous prices for it. They also don't feel a need to post updates on msg boards about PQ and what have you.

There not watching Viceland unless they are paying for it someway. Ratings prove they're not watching it much.
If you hate reading message boards about discussions regarding picture quality and other aspects of DBS providers, why are you reading and posting at SatelliteGuys? That is one of the primary functions of this topical forum.

Reactions: Jim S.
I'm down for it but I know they are not. They either use Kodi, torrents or find other means. I like reading but I often question why I'm reading honestly. I'm interested for whatever reason but It simply seems like people care more about PQ then what they are actually viewing many times.

Reactions: brejust and Juan
It was History International (and even better) before it was H2.

Kizzer, they carry the channel. The issue is the programming on the channel now.

Since The History Channel became History, the programming has become less and less historical.
Now we get Pawn Stars and pickers instead of documentary stuff about historical events.
Sure Pawn Stars will spend 2-3 minutes discussing the history around some item, as will the pickers, but it's not the sort of stuff that made people watch the channel from the beginning.

Oh, and aliens and paranormal encounters.

Pivot was domed from the start. No compelling content.

Reactions: reddice and Kizzer
I think that the problem lies in the demographic they are targeting, many of the Millennial/GenY "viewers" do not watch a lot of linear content from television. Streaming, YouTube, etc... That's where a large part of that generation gets their content.

Reactions: reddice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)