Parting Gift from Dish

I thought I owned my equipment. vip222. and I get the 250 channels because the wife wants two hallmark channels, food, and hgtv. she hasn't watched any of the other movies in years. we pay 165 for phone, internet and 250 channels. social security check pays the bill but it takes a good chunk of it. and I have two dishes in the back yard for fta. that's my choice for tv. chas

Reactions: navychop
I liken this whole thing to leasing an automobile. You go to a dealer, lease an auto, then when your lease term is up, you return it to that dealer. The dealer doesn't come to your house to pick up the car. That dealer might be 100 miles from where you live. You have to pay for the gas to get there...

When I leased my Toyota I paid a $900 destination fee. When I was signing the prerequisite paperwork for the transaction I was told that I had to sign an agreement to pay $375 at the end of the lease if I turn the vehicle in without leasing another one. I suspect that most other people that lease cars pay similar fees. Ten bucks is cheap by comparison.

When I leased my Toyota I paid a $900 destination fee. When I was signing the prerequisite paperwork for the transaction I was told that I had to sign an agreement to pay $375 at the end of the lease if I turn the vehicle in without leasing another one. I suspect that most other people that lease cars pay similar fees. Ten bucks is cheap by comparison.
Thank you for seeing and making my point! :)

Then, there are some who just like to criticize everything a company does regardless of it's true merits. Actually, if these armchair quarterbacks were as smart as they pretend to be, they'd be running their own satellite television provider instead of spending the day posting on bulletin boards. I guess that's "funny".
Then there are those who will excuse anything a company will do.

Personally, I don't think Dish should charge to return the receivers. Can they? Sure. But as has been brought up, it can leave a bad taste in a (former) subscriber's mouth. It would be interesting to find out if it actually costs Dish $10 for the box & shipping, or is this another way for them to make money off the customer.

Reactions: Troch77

Personally, I don't think Dish should charge to return the receivers. Can they? Sure. But as has been brought up, it can leave a bad taste in a (former) subscriber's mouth. It would be interesting to find out if it actually costs Dish $10 for the box & shipping, or is this another way for them to make money off the customer.

I do shipping for a company that sells items on eBay. I'd be surprised if that $10 even covers the cost of the box and shipping. Go to UPS yourself and estimate the cost to ship a box of that weight back to Englewood.

Evidently, you haven't done much shipping lately. We're talking about shipping two ways, shipping the box to the customer and then shipping the box back to DISH.

If I'm not mistaken, you can ship it on your own and save this $10. However, I doubt seriously that you could do it cheaper.

As far as your other statement, I agree. There are those who defend a company regardless of the subject. I'm not one of those people, but when the customer has already agreed to the terms of service, I see no reason to fault the company for enforcing the contract. I don't see anyone complaining when the company gives discounts, rebates, or promotional prices contrary to the contract.

Go to UPS yourself and estimate the cost to ship a box of that weight back to Englewood.
Apples and oranges. Dish should have a discounted cost for the box (and can use the box more than once) and probably has some kind of discounted shipping arrangement with UPS.

I'm not saying they're "wrong" to implement the charge, I just don't think it's a good PR move.

Reactions: Tampa8
all the fees were insutied and jacked up about the same time......

this corresponded to the end of dish growth. its basically flatlinded.

the doubling of extra receiver fees, drove me to dump dish.

this all went along with charlie turning over management to the suits.........

all the fees were insutied and jacked up about the same time......

this corresponded to the end of dish growth. its basically flatlinded.

the doubling of extra receiver fees, drove me to dump dish.

this all went along with charlie turning over management to the suits.........
Yeah, it was a bad move for Dish since their profits fell so badly. Oh wait!!!

Reactions: ChadT41
That FEE for returning Dish owned equipment is a BS money grab...
You guys defending it are ridiculous...
Directv sent me 2 boxes, that Fit HR34, H25 and 2 Hr24s and didn't charge me a dime upon cancellation.
My cable company, sent a Tech to my house to Pick up their 5 receivers. Again Not a penny out of my pocket.

Stop trying to justify a stupid pathetic charge just because its your life saving company of the world.

The Fact that its only $10 just shows its an unjustified cost to a departing customer that spent thousands of dollars.
But I guess when you are Dropping customers 6 digits a 1/4 you need that $10 to keep your profit in check.

Reactions: AZ.
Apples and oranges. Dish should have a discounted cost for the box (and can use the box more than once) and probably has some kind of discounted shipping arrangement with UPS.

I'm not saying they're "wrong" to implement the charge, I just don't think it's a good PR move.

And the place I work for also gets a discount from UPS. Take an average of 25% off the retail price. Don't forget to add in the cost of shipping the box to you.

That FEE for returning Dish owned equipment is a BS money grab...
You guys defending it are ridiculous...
Directv sent me 2 boxes, that Fit HR34, H25 and 2 Hr24s and didn't charge me a dime upon cancellation.
My cable company, sent a Tech to my house to Pick up their 5 receivers. Again Not a penny out of my pocket.

Of course it cost you.... every month. It just wasn't broken out as a separate line item.

Reactions: Stormy_2021

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)