Patriots re-sign Randy Moss

Thats good news!
This is official its from NFL.com

Posted: 1 hours 47 minutes ago Patriots re-sign Moss after record-setting season

NFL.com Wire Reports
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- After a record-setting first season in New England, Randy Moss is returning to the Patriots.
The Patriots re-signed the All-Pro receiver to a three-year deal on Monday that's reportedly worth $27 million.

» Track more than 400 free agents
» Kirwan: DTs on the move
» Carucci: Eagles make statement
» Roundup: Sunday | Saturday | Friday
» Video: Recapping Saturday's moves

"I want to take the time out to thank all of the fans for their support and for wishing me well in my return to New England," Moss said on his Web site. "I'm ready to get back. We have some unfishinshed business to take care of."
Moss, 30, became an unrestricted free agent after the Patriots elected not to designate the 10-year veteran as their franchise player.
In his first season with the Patriots in 2007, Moss caught 98 passes for 1,493 yards and 23 touchdowns. His 23 touchdown receptions set an all-time single-season NFL record, surpassing the old mark of 22 set by Jerry Rice in 1987. Moss's 1,493 receiving yards set a Patriots single-season franchise record.
The addition of Moss and fellow receiver Wes Welker helped the Patriots post the most productive offensive seasons in NFL history, setting the all-time record with 589 points. Quarterback Tom Brady also set the NFL single-season record with 50 touchdown passes as the Patriots completed a perfect regular season before falling to the New York Giants, 17-14, in Super Bowl XLII.
"What Randy did for our team last year was outstanding," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick in a statement. "He is one of our most consistent, competitive and team-oriented players and it is undoubtedly a relationship we are excited to continue."
Moss has played in 154 career games with 148 starts for the Vikings (1998-2004), Raiders (2005-06) and Patriots. His 124 career receiving touchdowns rank fourth in NFL history, while his 12,193 receiving yards rank 14th and his 774 receptions rank 20th. Moss has recorded eight seasons with 1,000 or more receiving yards and has caught 10 or more touchdown passes in seven seasons.
The Patriots acquired Moss from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a fourth-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report

Didn't we all really expect him to come back, was there REALLY a chance he would leave ?
Brady wanted him back, the team wanted him back and a week ago he was talking about how much he wanted to be a Patriot for the rest of his career. (Or until a more lucritive offer comes about from a contender).

Jimbo

They needed each other. Randy's career was resurrected in NE, and with Stallworth leaving and that rapidly aging defense, offense is more important than ever.

There was a chance he would leave if he thought Cullpepper could have started somewhere else.

There was a chance he would leave if he thought Cullpepper could have started somewhere else.

That was just typical Bullsh!t from John Clayton and ESPN in general.

The only other 2 teams that contacted Moss were Philadelphia and Tennessee, don't believe Duante was going those places.

Should of kept Salisbury.

That was just typical Bullsh!t from John Clayton and ESPN in general.

The only other 2 teams that contacted Moss were Philadelphia and Tennessee, don't believe Duante was going those places.

Should of kept Salisbury.

Easy on John there, he only reports what his sources tell him.
I never took the "Reunion " thing seriously anyways.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)