PAY FOR STANLEY CUP and NHL Playoffs if you have DISH RIPP OFF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually the OP should complain to the NHL. The NHL grants the rights, which im sure go to the highest bidder.
So the decision is how much is watching games 3 and 4 worth? I like Hockey, im a Bruins fan but im not going to upgrade for 2 games.
I like the Bruins in 6 so ill just miss the 2 games here in Boston...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Upgrade for one month...and drop back down the next. it will cost you $10. If you got to a sports bar to watch the game it will cost you more than that for 1st period beers.

Upgrade for one month...and drop back down the next. it will cost you $10. If you got to a sports bar to watch the game it will cost you more than that for 1st period beers.

Yeah really, how can you say your a hockey fan, and a Bruins fan, but not want to spend $10 to watch them in the Finals! I guess you can always wait another 21 years.

An having VS on the 250 pack may suck, but i'm glad they have the NHL. I'd rather they get hockey in 1080i twice a week than a 720p network like ESPN that will cut out of games to show NASCAR. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

wow, the non-sports DBS service, isn't carrying, (insert sport here).

But in this case they ARE covering it. and on the same basis as everyone else. So what is the point here?

Last edited:
VS

I registered so I could comment on this topic, as I sort of agree with the OP but obviously in a much less belligerent fashion.

It would be nice if VS was moved down to the AT200 tier or lower, especially with the upcoming name change to NBC Sports. Alternatively, they could offer the channel as an a la carte channel.

Out of the 50 channels in AT250 not in AT200, VS is the only one I would watch. Consequently, I have not upgraded as I don't want to pay for 49 more channels I won't watch. VS is getting to the point; though, where it's getting worth the $10.00 a month extra with the NHL and UFC by itself.

A funny anecdote: I once called Dish about this very topic, begging to get the channel A La Carte, and offered to trade them all the Christian and Spanish channels combined just for VS. Seemed like a good deal to me, but alas, they didn't bite. :D

BTW - Go Bruins! I'll watch the 2 VS games at my buddy's who has Comcast like I have been doing.

I think that once Versus changes its name to NBC Sports or whatever, it'll get moved down to either AT200 or even AT120+. It's becoming more popular everyday so Dish is going to have to move it down sooner or later.

I think that once Versus changes its name to NBC Sports or whatever, it'll get moved down to either AT200 or even AT120+. It's becoming more popular everyday so Dish is going to have to move it down sooner or later.

I would not count on it until there is another NBC negotiation. Even then they will probably be constrained by the merger and probably will not demand the channel change packages.

Since the bulk of the games are on NBC they are free. I have always subscirbed to AT250 so I already have Versus so I am not paying extra for that either.

Your argument is ill conceived.

Because you are an ass, I hope your team loses.:rant:

#1 Be glad that Dish even has VS so you can pay to watch the game

#2 Blame the NHL for allowing Stanley cup games to be on a Pay TV channel

#3 Add Top250 to your account for the weeks that the playoffs are on that channel and drop it.

#1 Be glad that Dish even has VS so you can pay to watch the game

#2 Blame the NHL for allowing Stanley cup games to be on a Pay TV channel

#3 Add Top250 to your account for the weeks that the playoffs are on that channel and drop it.

Claude is right it is only a $5-7 charge to see the playoffs if you add and drop programming the week the playoffs are on if it makes it to VS.

Islandguy43 said:

More like $20.00 and I can be a fan and not want to spend the bucks. It boils down to more than just the money but that isn't the point of the thread. Of course we have establishes the OP doesn't have a point.
I can still listen on the radio as the local sports fm radio is carrying all the games...
My choice...and im not complaining either.
Maybe my choice is upgrade to see 2 games on tv or buy the beer for my wife and I to drink while we listen on the radio. Again not complaining making a choice that works for me

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Tampa8 said:
I wish his post made a little sense so I could at least make a wise crack, but I can't even do that. :confused:

Agreed, I got nothing! Except that 5 of the 7 are slated on a FTA network as "melted hair guy" was kind enough to point out. I thought I was upset waiting for a new software download to come, this dudes got a real gripe! (Ok so I had to wise crack a little :).)

Yeah really, how can you say your a hockey fan, and a Bruins fan, but not want to spend $10 to watch them in the Finals! I guess you can always wait another 21 years.

I am Bruins fan and upgraded for the month. It cost me $20 (I keep my basic at 120+) and got my money worth watching 7 games against the Lightning.

Would be nice to see VS (soon to be NBS Sports) in the Multi Sports package or even at 120+. Until then I will just confine to upgrade when needed. Simple as that....

For most people unless you have an old package. Locals are required, NBC? I would assume is a part of that. I know I am stirring the pot but its not the NFL. ;) And it is still free. I am really unclear on why he does not get NBC unless he is in a market that excludes it.

All we know is that the OP was most likely drunk and angry and we'll probably never see him on this fourm again because he probably forgot by now that he even registered for it.;):D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts