PAY FOR STANLEY CUP and NHL Playoffs if you have DISH RIPP OFF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dish sucks for hockey

Original poster
May 31, 2011
dittmer mo
World Series, NBA, Super Bowl FREE - PAY FOR STANLEY CUP and NHL Playoffs if you have DISH

Who cares about last years playoffs? This 2011? Screw the hockey fan that lives in St. Louis even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can someone explain this? I have e-mailed and talked to customer support. Their answer is "So how would you like to pay?"

really? why not "how can we get you to pay for something that should be free?"

The Finals are on Versus and NBC, how is it that you have to pay for them other than having the AT250?

Dish sucks for hockey said:
World Series, NBA, Super Bowl FREE - PAY FOR STANLEY CUP and NHL Playoffs if you have DISH

Who cares about last years playoffs? This 2011? Screw the hockey fan that lives in St. Louis even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can someone explain this? I have e-mailed and talked to customer support. Their answer is "So how would you like to pay?"

really? why not "how can we get you to pay for something that should be free?"

Drop Dish and find a provider who will give you the NHL for free.

what the hell are you talking about?

Game 1,2,5,6,7 are on NBC which is an OTA station
Game 3 & 4 are on Versus which last I checked is a pay channel on all platforms (Dish, Directv, cable, Fios, etc)

What is your point? Looks like someone needs to put the bottle down

The NHL made the agreement with NBC/Versus...be mad at them

but otherwise what is your point...havent found it yet

Versus has had enough games this year that if you don't have AT250 during hockey season then you are not a fan. Also for the past 3 years I think, Versus and NBC have had the finals and it's only going to get worse now that they have a new contract. Anyways the issue isn't Dish Network it's NBC/Versus, go cry there not here.

I wish his post made a little sense so I could at least make a wise crack, but I can't even do that. :confused:

Actually the OP should complain to the NHL. The NHL grants the rights, which im sure go to the highest bidder.
So the decision is how much is watching games 3 and 4 worth? I like Hockey, im a Bruins fan but im not going to upgrade for 2 games.
I like the Bruins in 6 so ill just miss the 2 games here in Boston...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

The OP is proof that you shouldn't drink and type. Researchers have shown that drinking and typing is the leading cause of complete confusion of other forum members...

The OP has a point. Ever since Dish Network bought the NHL...

I would say the NHL is to blame here... not DISH.

Welcome to 2010... you just finally realized Versus has NHL hockey... you must be a true hockey fan. :)

Yea even this one is a bit off the wall, and I'm king for ripping dish a new one about not having full time HD sports. That's sayin alot even when I say its off the wall! :)

Other sports playoffs are also not on "free" channels, like ESPN, TBS, I also remember some baseball playoff games I think on FX

Status
Please reply by conversation.