Paying for Sky Mexico in SF Bay Area

Glad to see you finally got it going. So which receivers they send you, how much per receiver, and what is monthly charge. thinking about getting sky for my wife.

if you look at the link he provided, they offer a package with 2 receivers for $199.99 and 3 months free of the biggest package, including all adult channels they offer so be ready for that during those 90 days hehe

They have Sky+HD in Los Angeles already??? :O I had Sky Mexico but cancelled in February because I wanted HD but didn't know they were soon going to have HD channels. I still have the receiver. The guy who installed it said you HAD to buy them. He said you couldn't lease the receivers in the U.S.

I have a question. How much do you pay for Sky? I had the FUN package but paid 45 dollars a month. It should have been 33 dollars with how the dollar was 2 - 3 months ago. The guy who installed it at my house paid it for me and stayed with the other 12 dollars. I think I read other people pay like 9 dollars more? Another guy told me he paid through the Sky website, so he pays 32 - 36 dollars. I wonder if I could sell my receiver to the guy who installed it to get the Sky+HD receiver a little cheaper.

Pro96 do you know how much the receiver is? Do you know how much they charge monthly? Right now I have Time Warner Cable and Tivo. I want to cancel both. I don't even watch none of the american cable channels (well I watch Travel Channel, HGTV, Nick, Cartoon Network).

I'm wondering if the AM21 off the air module would work with the Sky+HD. That way I could cancel Tivo and record local channels even if it doesn't have the guide data.

Pro96 do you know how much the receiver is? Do you know how much they charge monthly? Right now I have Time Warner Cable and Tivo. I want to cancel both. I don't even watch none of the american cable channels (well I watch Travel Channel, HGTV, Nick, Cartoon Network).

I'm wondering if the AM21 off the air module would work with the Sky+HD. That way I could cancel Tivo and record local channels even if it doesn't have the guide data.

The guy locally quoted me $500.00 for the whole system including DISH/LNB/SKY+HD/Installation.

Do you have his number? I wonder if it would be a little cheaper for me since I already have the Dish, and the LNB. How does Sky+HD split the signal for the 2 tuners on the receiver? I called the guy who installed it who is an authorized Sky dealer and said they didn't have them yet.

Last edited:
Well, it finally works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who pass this way with the same problem, here's what it took:

Call these guys: Sky Milenio La Tele de México

They sell Sky equipment legitimately in the US. The guys there are great and now the technology incredibly well. Very helpful.

They set me up with two new receivers both of which show Q around 40. They explained to me two things that were the likely cause of my trouble:

#1) The Sky+ receivers are crap (which I'd kind of concluded on my own). Apparently Sky is actually suing the manufacture and has discontinued them.

#2) Sky Mexico has taken some very strong precautions to prevent people from 'splitting up' their receivers (giving one to the neighbor and paying less on one account). If the initial install is with two receivers, then you have to have both receivers connected to a switch that they provide which allows the two receivers to also communicate with each other. I never saw such a switch when we brought the receivers up to the US (it may have been installed but we didn't take it with us).

When the first Sky receiver came from Sky Milenio, we plugged it in and it worked instantly. Nothing else needed to be changed. We then bought a second one and they activated. Immediately after they activated it, the first receiver started glitching every 7 seconds (apparently trying to find the other receiver).

Once we received and plugged in the second receiver through the provided switch, both worked perfectly.

While I'm not sure we needed the 6' Fortec Dish and high end Invacom LNB, both definitely have helped and we're going to stick with them. After 8 months fighting with this, I'm going to leave it exactly the way it is.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would you need a switch? just wondering. can i used a dual lnb instead? or it wont work with out the switch..im trying to put two receivers..

does any expert on this subject know if I take my sky box from mexico to Louisville kentucky which is right on the opposite side of San francisco, will I get any signal at all, lets say I get a 2.40 meter antena and the same LNB as the guy in san francisco bay, do you all think it might be possible to actually watch tv down there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts