Pbj east audio sync amc 7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Audio out of sync on pbj east and fgoe on amc7. Others on same mux play fine. Seems like those two always have audio sync issues. Hope someone here has an in with luken and can let them know. My kids like pbj and sometimes the feed on ses2 doesnt want to pull in lately.

have you tried the channel up/down option? I've seen PBJ sync issue and a channel up/down helps fix that

Audio out of sync on pbj east and fgoe on amc7. Others on same mux play fine. Seems like those two always have audio sync issues. Hope someone here has an in with luken and can let them know. My kids like pbj and sometimes the feed on ses2 doesnt want to pull in lately.

If you're 100% sure it's Luken and not your receiver, as mentioned by Iceberg, I'll mention it to the folks at the NOC.

Oh, and I work for Luken now. The Big Announcement - RabbitEars Blog

- Trip

Thanks guys. I tried up/down with the channel and tried receiver reboot. No good the mouths of people move then a second later you hear them speak. Rtv and tufftv playing fine in the same mux (4080 mux) im running july 17th firmware on the openbox s9. At the risk of crying wolf could someone else verify pbj? It could always be the s9. Thanks!!!

FWIW I'm seeing the same audio lag here for both PBJE and FGOE on the 4080 H transponder, but the 4160 H PBJE is fine.
I'm running an Open Box 9 receiver.

I just put the bg dish out on AMC7 and I am seeing (hearing?) the same lag on the 4080 TP
This is through a Manhattan 1933 & GeosatPro 200

4160 works fine on the Manhattan....oh also the feed that logs as KOTA (but I think is KIRO Seattle per an ID)...the volume is ungodly loud on that channel compared to others (like 4x as loud)

Waaaait a second, PBJ and FGO... the east feeds on AMC-7? Is that what this thread is about? Not the west feeds, right?

If so, use the east feeds on SES-2. I know what's going on with those east feeds on AMC-7, and your solution is going to have to be to use SES-2 instead.

- Trip

Waaaait a second, PBJ and FGO... the east feeds on AMC-7? Is that what this thread is about? Not the west feeds, right?
AMC7 at 137W is the west feeds ;)

If so, use the east feeds on SES-2. I know what's going on with those east feeds on AMC-7, and your solution is going to have to be to use SES-2 instead.
easier said than done. Alot of folks have 6 foot dishes which the feeds on 87W are harder to grab. I have a bugger grabbing them in MN. Also the original poster is mentioning the national feeds on 137W which are in DVB (all receivers can grab them). Maybe he doesnt have a S2 receiver.
I remember when Scott talked to Luken he (Luken) said that there would be DVB feeds for folks who have issues with the S2 ones. Thats these on 137W

So, wait, people are talking about PBJE and FGOE. Are those west feeds, despite ending in "E", or am I completely lost? (I don't work with the satellite uplink side of things, so I haven't actually laid eyes on it.)

- Trip

Trip
On AMC7 (137W) are the national feeds of PBJ, TuffTV, FGOE, MyFamily and RTV along with 2 test cards. These are in DVB. They all say "East" but affiliates if they want to delay it 3 hours can do that with a computer setup. There was a thread about it. Here is the list (its the 4080 TP) ;)
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 137.0°W AMC 7 C

also on there is a mux that is in DVB-S2 that has a few affiliates and both E & W feeds of the above (except FGOE which is just one feed)
4160 H 29125 S2
I dont have all the callsigns on there but most are either blank or test cards. 22 channels total

right now we dont have a way to integrate S2 finds to "thelist" (but thats coming)

Tripinva. What iceburg is saying is correct. Its the national feeds of PBJ, TuffTV, FGOE, MyFamily and RTV along with 2 test cards. These are in DVB on tp 4080 horizontal on amc7. As ice said there was a thread earlier stating luken put them up for fta folks. The audio is out of sync on pbj and fgoe. Hopefully this can be fixed. Thanks for any help.

I don't have contact information for the NOC directly, I was working from home yesterday, and anyone I would ask (manager, VP, etc) were all off yesterday. Can't really get in touch with anybody until Tuesday. Sorry.

- Trip

the channel went out this afternoon while i was working on amc-7. then it came back on later in the afternoon and i can't remember if lip sync was working. i know it was not this morning. charlie

I used to have terrible audio sync problems with ANY Luken content on any channel, it started when they butchered the quality a few years ago from 720x480 to 352x480. The sound sync problem began at that point and has persisted until just a few weeks ago. It didn't matter if it was on 83 or 87, same thing. I don't know if it's coincidence or not but I took out all the mismatched TV's that were hooked to my PC and replaced everything with HDMI. Now the sound goes through the HDMI cord with the picture and everything is in sync just fine when I go to any Luken channels. Now this is just with my PC.

Using my S10 there were no sync problems at all. As for the satellite you're on, I can't say because it's below the skyline for me. Trees and all that.. :(

Thanks dee. Yeah i dont have lip sync problems with 87 or 83. Just pbj and fgoe on amc 7. 83 still does not reliably come in all the time only the amc 7 dvb feed comes in at 75 qual every day but the lip sync issue makes it impossible to watch.

Thanks dee. Yeah i dont have lip sync problems with 87 or 83. Just pbj and fgoe on amc 7. 83 still does not reliably come in all the time only the amc 7 dvb feed comes in at 75 qual every day but the lip sync issue makes it impossible to watch.

For me, when I was having sync problems I would press the fast forward button a few times (provided your tuner can DVR) and it would force it to resync. Recordings would always come out ok, it was just the live signal that was out but it was easy to "bump" it into submission. You might try that if you can..

:)

Hi Trip. Just wondering if you were able to contact the luken noc on the pbj lip sync issue. Ice has confirmed as well as others here and on other forums. Thanks!

Dee yeah i just tried hitting rewind and play to get the sound to sync using the dvr function and no good. Audio still a second behind the picture. Thanks

I spoke to the NOC today and they did not observe a lip sync issue. Are you still observing it?

- Trip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts