PBS channels on AMC 3 audio problems using Viewsat Extreme

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TTTTVVVV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Hi All,

I don't get any sound on any of the channels on 12180 V.

I'm only using the RCA connecters to my TV. (Video, Left, Right).

I get good sound on "Tip TV", and the "Patiant Channel" so I'm thinking maybe I need a secondary audio PID for the PBS channels.

I can't for the live of me figure out how to manually change the audio PID for a given channel in the view sat extreme.

I'm really stuck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

yep. Those channels are AC-3 output so you need an external decoder for those channels. Retro Jams is the same way

I have an extreme also and it works fine the only problem is you cannot adjust the volume with the reciever once its hooked up. You have to use the televisions volume.

I have an extreme also and it works fine the only problem is you cannot adjust the volume with the reciever once its hooked up. You have to use the televisions volume.

Hay Barney,
Can you elaborate. How is it hooked up to the television?

R

Anyone know of a receiver that will take the output from PBS AC-3 and process it so it will either come through channel 3 or the left and right RCA plugs?

Thanks,
R

I bought an adapter at radio shack, its a headphone jack that plugs into the voom then splits to right and left channels. It's a stereo headphone adapter. 4-5 bucks if I remember right, I dont always have it hooked up because the wife gets mad about the volume issue, need two remotes, like flying a jet.

I just ordered the Cyberhome Sonic Voom set from eBay today... maybe a sticky should be made about Sonic View and the AC-3 audio on the PBS channels?

I read most of the post I could find on the Sonic Voom today.. I gather I can plug in something like powered computer speakers instead of the headphones right?

I ordered the CyberHome SonicVoom 6-Speaker Surround Sound Headphones
Are they are the right ones?

I read most of the post I could find on the Sonic Voom today.. I gather I can plug in something like powered computer speakers instead of the headphones right?
Hmmm never thought of that so I tried that and it does work :). The headphone have a wierd looking connector but part of the connector does have a single audio looking plug and it will except the single wire speaker connector from your computer

Well my Sonic Voom arrived today and the headset worked great but I could not get any sound out of my computer speakers. They are not powered speakers so maybe that's the problem. I don't know.

I just connected the RCA audio out on the Sonic Voom directly to the RCA audio inputs on my TV and it works great.... the Sonic Voom decodes the AC-3 and it also passes the regular non-AC-3 audio through so no need for the powered speakers..

yeah the set (computer speakers) i'm using is powered. and no problems with sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)