PBS Counting Satellite Viewers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When they said in their plans to upgrade, they wanted to keep the C band feed as a back up and get rid of the 125w feeds due to weather and upgrading to fiber.
Yes, this is public knowledge. I would like to know the stats on the purpose of the thread. As in how many calls they have gotten and tallies on their survey questions. ;)

I called and took the survey, thanks for the heads up on this. I pledge money to my local PBS station every year although I do not watch the local, I watch it through satellite. If I could pledge financial support to the satellite feeds I certainly would do that as well.

Hope the survey lasts until next week, will be in the US for a few days, can make a few calls... :)

Reactions: Brct203
Toll free “800” (etc) numbers don’t work outside of the US. Maybe in Guam but not in Canada.

The subscriber of a toll-free number can designate where it is available to call from, since that toll is actually being paid for by the sub. It is not uncommon to get called from a US salesperson on a business call and given a toll-free number to call back - and it doesn't work.

Why can't you call from Canada? Isn't it a toll-free number?

No the number from here goes to "this number is not available in your calling area" recording. Makes perfect sense, why pay extra for having a number work in another country where that country is not the target audience for their broadcast. I suspect similar for Mexico and Central.South America.

Most business 1-800 numbers from the US do work in Canada though.

Never tried myself, but have heard of it being possible. I think it also depends on where you are at in the foot print.

Just wondering... is there any benefit in getting PBS on 103 C-Band compared to 125 Ku (other than possible LOS issues)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)