PBS HD weak?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Nova Scotia
I used to get PBS HD at 12140V 30000 fairly strong when they first went to AMC21, it slowly got weaker and as of about 3 weeks ago I have been unable to get it at all.
This sounds like I'm describing a gradual equipment failure, water entering a cable or something similar except that everything else is working fine, the other PBS signals are booming in stronger than ever.
I was wondering if any one else had noticed a change in this signal strength or has it changed to DVB-S2

PBS HD is still there and I have seen it read lower than the others but its still pretty strong

When I had the 1.2m dish set up it was at 90 quality (most of the rest were at 99) on the Pansat 1500.

Part of the issue is next door at 127W there is a transponder with the same parameters (12140 V 30000) so you might have to move the dish a little east to help reject the adjacent signal. Its weaker on the 76cm dish but still very much stable. Of course a larger dish works better ;)

thas tru iceberg thas exactly i did it on my motorazed setup move little to east save new position and boom Q 70%

Thanks Iceberg,what you say about G13 at 127W makes sense. I'll have a go at tweaking my dish again, recently I did a major realignment to get USALS working correctly instead of memorizing the motor positions, everything appeared to be working OK in that the signal strength on all the sats at that end of the arc increased, seems like I have a bit more tweaking to do.
Strange thing is that PBS HD was working after the re alignment, although now I come to think about it, it was the only signal that was a bit weaker other PBS signals came up a notch or two in quality.
I'm having a similar issue with RTN at the other end of the arc (used to work fine) so i guess its time to take the laptop out to dish.

I have the same thing on the 76cm dish...
If the dish is in one spot, Montana PBS booms and PBS HD is almost non existant
if I move the dish east, then PBS HD is fine but Montana PBS is weak (due to the signal at 12103 V 2222 at 123W)

The 1.2m dish maxes almost everything (as noted above)

I used to get PBS HD at 12140V 30000 fairly strong when they first went to AMC21, it slowly got weaker and as of about 3 weeks ago I have been unable to get it at all.
This sounds like I'm describing a gradual equipment failure, water entering a cable or something similar except that everything else is working fine, the other PBS signals are booming in stronger than ever.
I was wondering if any one else had noticed a change in this signal strength or has it changed to DVB-S2

It comes in good for me...Maybe one of your connections came loose...I would even check your ground connection.
This sounds ridiculous, but it wont hurt to undo all your connections & plug them back in...You could have had the dish move or moisture could have gotten in something.
If that doesn't fix it try fine tuning your dish.
Have you had in stiff winds lately?

Its working for now, I moved my longitude in the USAL set up one degree to the west which should have moved the dish a degree to the East and everything came in Montana and PBS HD at good strength. Maybe I'm losing it but I'm sure I tried this more than a few times before but this time it worked.
If it ever stops raining I'll get out to the dish and check things out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts