PBS no longer carried in HD in Orlando market after affiliate change.

Where do come up with a waste of bandwidth? It's there to let customers know what's going on. I'm betting the new PBS channel will go on the exact same TP so why take down the information? The press release clearly said it would be on Dish and Direct TV.

Last edited:
Strange because we get PBS also on channel 15(WDSC) . When I tune to that channel it says it's 1080i . But, The shows don't look HD . I could be wrong.

WDSC is no longer a PBS affiliate, they only air syndicated APT programs now. Dish continues to waste bandwidth on the EA and WA providing WMFE in HD instead of the new PBS station WUCF.

PBS in Orlando is changing affiliates again this week on Wednesday 11/15, this time they are moving back from WBCC 68 (aka WUCF 68) to WMFE 24 (aka WUCF 24).

This will be interesting since dish dropped WMFE 24 from their locals so I guess they will provide no PBS at all in SD or HD.

I forget where the petition to the Supreme Court is at this point, short of their intervention sometime in 2013 all PBS has to be in HD where available.

Or, maybe Dish will just make the move all by themselves. They've done this often when channels make changes....

Bobby,

There is no uplink currently in place for re-adding ch 24 back to the eastern or western arcs, starting on Thursday at 6am there will be WMFE 24 (aka WUCF) the main 1st run PBS, and WBCC 68 will become the secondary PBS/APT again. Don't expect that to happen on dish with only 2 business days left. 24 already has place holder VMe programming airing so they could add it and be reading to go and allow subscribers to start moving their timers.
But not dish, this is not how they operate, they react after the fact instead of acting.

Last edited:
10 . 9 . 8 . 7 . 6 . 5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1 and dish drops the ball again....

Despite telling WUCF PBS Orlando that they would add / uplink ch 24 by midnight tonight. No PBS in SD or HD via dish in Orlando. Knowing dish when and if they get around to it they will end up removing WBCC 68 which is becoming APT.

And at 2:15 am that is exactly what dish foolishly did, they moved WUCF from 68 to 24, and mistakenly deleted channel 68 completely which is still on the air as WBCC 68, dish is so dish-connected from the customers and broadcasters it's just not even funny.

Also the guide is incorrect for Ch 24. 24 is airing PBS programming, but guide data is the APT programming on the old Ch 68 that Dish no longer carries.

WUCF has been HD on 68 and dish never did carry it in HD, still no WBCC 68 restored as of this afternoon in SD or HD, dish network has gotta be playing this game deliberately with PBS stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts