PBS Question

Jcatesrn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Muskogee
I happen to have been browsing and stopped by my local PBS affiliate OETA. in the bottom right next to the avatar it said HD but my dish guide has no HD by it. Is the HD coming from the programming or channel, or has dish just not changed it yet. Thanks for the help guys!

Your PBS-HD station has not yet been turned on, or maybe even uplinked yet. It will take some time to get all of the PBS stations turned on.

OETA (Oklahoma PBS) has only one feed and its HD. So Dish has to manipulate the picture depending on if the program is 16:9 (then you'll have black bars on top and bottom) or 4:3 and the screen will be filled.

Yep OETA is only HD on Dish if you are using a Dish HD receiver and have an antenna connected to it for the over the air reception of OETA (11.1 from Tulsa or 3.1 from Eufaula, you should be able to get both in Muskogee) If you have an SD receiver then as Iceberg said Dish is manipulating the HD feed so that the SD receivers or HD receivers without an antenna module can see it. OETA in unaltered HD is not available via satellite from Dish yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts