PC to HDTV problems

Just good as is, like you have a dollar bill in your packet, when I carry $5. :)
But when it come to buy... umm, connect something what need for you or me, then it would be matter. ;)

Just good as is, like you have a dollar bill in your packet, when I carry $5. :)
But when it come to buy... umm, connect something what need for you or me, then it would be matter. ;)

Hehehe.

So the cable is fine, the output from the PC is fine (Because the sharp TV worked)

So we're sure now that the Philipis TV is broken or something?

I would dig thru the TV menu and play with relevant settings, try DVD or BR player and check info on TV screen, what resolution/input/refresh rate/etc ?

I'm going to borrow my friend's PS3 on Monday, will let you know what I find.

OK guys, I got a PS3 and it works perfectly.

To recapitulate:

PC (ATI 4850) doesn't work with 42" Philips (TV loses signal just before the windows log in screen), but it works with a 32" Sharp TV.

42" Philips TV is not broken, it works when hooked to a PS3.

I searched all the menus and infos, nothing imporant that wasn't there before.

It's only saying that it's 1080i in the PS3 menu. (Nothing about refresh rate or anything else..)

That's very strange - all HD TV have ability to display input signal info.

Just one short advise - always post full model name of all your devices; I did recheck all your posts in the thread and I don't see what exactly model of Phillips TV you have.
Some ppl could use it too and would help you find the input signal info. Or we could search for on-line manual/FAQ.

That's very strange - all HD TV have ability to display input signal info.

Just one short advise - always post full model name of all your devices; I did recheck all your posts in the thread and I don't see what exactly model of Phillips TV you have.
Some ppl could use it too and would help you find the input signal info. Or we could search for on-line manual/FAQ.

It's this one: 42PFL5704/F7

Philips - 5000 series LCD TV 42" class Full HD 1080p digital TV - 42PFL5704D/F7 - 5000 series - Televisions - Sound and vision

Did your video card by any chance come with a Component video breakout cable? Not the best solution as your resolution probably won't be able to go to 1080p, but you could at least try it. My 3870s both came with one. you may need to go into the catalyst control center and check mark the Add xxxx video mode to the display manger for 1080i30

One thing is missing - how it support 1080p24 input ? Will it mutiply to 120 Hz (5:5) ? Or will do 24->60 [3:2]->120 [2x] ?

I'm not sure. I didn't know "24->60 [3:2]->120 [2x]" existed, I thought all 120Hz do the 5:5 thing.

I'll check the manual

No, my 4850 didn't come with a component cable. I did add all the supported resolution in the catalyst, but they didn't work.. The TV is not even detected in the catalyst.

New info: Philips technical support told me to use HDMI port 3. I checked the ports on the back of the TV, and port 3 was the only one that had a text on top of it saying "DVI with audio in HDMI 3"

Now port 3 acts like the rest (signal lost before Windows log in screen), but do you thing it only accepts video AND audio signals or else it won't work?

Audio from the VGA?

Again, my DVI->HDMI adapter looks like this:

\ \ \ . . \ \ \
\ \ \ . . \ \ \ ------
\ \ \ . . \ \ \

Does that support audio signals?

I'm not sure. I didn't know "24->60 [3:2]->120 [2x]" existed, I thought all 120Hz do the 5:5 thing.

I'll check the manual

No, my 4850 didn't come with a component cable. I did add all the supported resolution in the catalyst, but they didn't work.. The TV is not even detected in the catalyst.

New info: Philips technical support told me to use HDMI port 3. I checked the ports on the back of the TV, and port 3 was the only one that had a text on top of it saying "DVI with audio in HDMI 3"

Now port 3 acts like the rest (signal lost before Windows log in screen), but do you thing it only accepts video AND audio signals or else it won't work?

Audio from the VGA?

Again, my DVI->HDMI adapter looks like this:

\ \ \ . . \ \ \
\ \ \ . . \ \ \ ------
\ \ \ . . \ \ \

Does that support audio signals?

Anyone..? Audio & DVI.. Any idea?

heres a suggestion that i havent seen covered yet. on my Mitsu 57"DLP, when i hooked my pc to it, i had to "address/label" the HDMI input as "PC". something in the tv changes when its labeled that way. if the HDMI is labeled something else, it doesnt display properly. IDK if you have these options or not, but i thought is chime in with some advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)