PC Video on TV. Hopper Feature?

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I was listening to a video on YouTube on my PC the other night. I noticed this button that said play on TV. I clicked it out of curiosity and it brought up a list of all the TVs connected to my Hopper/Joeys. I clicked Livingroom and next thing you know my video is playing on the living room TV half way across my house. Is this a Hopper Feature? I don't know any other way my TVs are connected to my network but I have never done anything to set this up. In any case it is sort of a neat feature.
cast.jpg

Wasn't that the Home Media option that was eliminated recently?
Nope the Home media option was a app you could pull up like the Netflix app and use to watch videos that resided on a PC running a DNLA Media Server.

This is just normal "casting" as far as I know. I've always been able to cast YouTube to my smart TV, my Hopper 3 (Living Room 1) or my Joey (Bedroom 1) or my Google smart speaker (not much use for a video...).

Reactions: dishdude
This is just normal "casting" as far as I know. I've always been able to cast YouTube to my smart TV, my Hopper 3 (Living Room 1) or my Joey (Bedroom 1) or my Google smart speaker (not much use for a video...).

Exactly this, you're just casting to the YouTube app on the Hopper. Oddly enough, my Wally shows up as a device I can cast to but it doesn't work because there is no YT app on the Wally.

Reactions: pattykay
Wasn't that the Home Media option that was eliminated recently?
Home Media is still alive and well on Wally. (For now?)

Exactly this, you're just casting to the YouTube app on the Hopper. Oddly enough, my Wally shows up as a device I can cast to but it doesn't work because there is no YT app on the Wally...
...yet? :clapping

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)