This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

PCI reciever Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Will a Twinhan DTV 102G - PCI Satellite TV Card receive AC-3 audio?
Is it a good card?
What can Expect?
I know that they don't have blind scan, but I have another receiver.
What card is the most recommendable and where can I find one?
Thanks

playyymaster said:
Will a Twinhan DTV 102G - PCI Satellite TV Card receive AC-3 audio?
Is it a good card?
What can Expect?
I know that they don't have blind scan, but I have another receiver.
What card is the most recommendable and where can I find one?
Thanks

Your question really should have been posted in the PC DVB Card forum. I don't know if you've looked there or not but there is a lot of good info in it.

The Twinhan cards seem to be the most popular here in NA. I don't have one but I'd say it as good as any low cost software based card. (I have a SkyStar 2 which is comparable).

They don't directly decode anything but rely entirely on software running on your PC to do the work. Everything depends on the codecs you use but, as a short answer, yes decoding AC-3 is certainly one of the common functions.

Most people seem here seem to use either ProgDVB or MyTheatre as the card interface. A consensus seems to be that the Twinhan supplied software is pretty poor (except the drivers which you will of course need). I've had stability issues with both of those which I don't feel the need to pursue as I'm very happy with a package called DVBViewer Pro on my Skystar (It also supports the Twinhan).

Your first step should be to check out the site sponsors as a couple carry the 102G. Locally here in Calgary I can get one from a reputable computer store for $80 CAN so that should be your baseline for Vancouver prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.