PCI reciever Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Will a Twinhan DTV 102G - PCI Satellite TV Card receive AC-3 audio?
Is it a good card?
What can Expect?
I know that they don't have blind scan, but I have another receiver.
What card is the most recommendable and where can I find one?

playyymaster said:
Will a Twinhan DTV 102G - PCI Satellite TV Card receive AC-3 audio?
Is it a good card?
What can Expect?
I know that they don't have blind scan, but I have another receiver.
What card is the most recommendable and where can I find one?

Your question really should have been posted in the PC DVB Card forum. I don't know if you've looked there or not but there is a lot of good info in it.

The Twinhan cards seem to be the most popular here in NA. I don't have one but I'd say it as good as any low cost software based card. (I have a SkyStar 2 which is comparable).

They don't directly decode anything but rely entirely on software running on your PC to do the work. Everything depends on the codecs you use but, as a short answer, yes decoding AC-3 is certainly one of the common functions.

Most people seem here seem to use either ProgDVB or MyTheatre as the card interface. A consensus seems to be that the Twinhan supplied software is pretty poor (except the drivers which you will of course need). I've had stability issues with both of those which I don't feel the need to pursue as I'm very happy with a package called DVBViewer Pro on my Skystar (It also supports the Twinhan).

Your first step should be to check out the site sponsors as a couple carry the 102G. Locally here in Calgary I can get one from a reputable computer store for $80 CAN so that should be your baseline for Vancouver prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)