Peachtree TV on Dish Network?

Received a reply from braves.com and it said that the Braves are working on a press release that would outline how Braves fans outside the Atlanta coverage area would be able to watch the 45 Peachtree TV games. Haven't seen anything on the website but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Received a reply from braves.com and it said that the Braves are working on a press release that would outline how Braves fans outside the Atlanta coverage area would be able to watch the 45 Peachtree TV games. Haven't seen anything on the website but I'm keeping an eye on it.

They may work out a deal with local broadcasters in neighboring states for those 45 games on WPCH. I know in NY state the Yankee games broadcast on WWOR, are also seen in Syracuse on the NBC affilate WSTM

We get both Sportsouth and Fox South hd here in Alabama

True, so do I, however--just because we receive those 2 channels doesn't mean that Dish Network will light them up when the games are being shown. There were several games last season that was in HD but Dish refused to show them on the HD version of the channels....several on SportSouth too.

How much you wanna bet they say "For Fans living outside the Peachtree TV viewing area, MLB provides MLB Extra Innings for $$$$$, which includes all the games broadcast on Peachtree TV as well as complete coverage for the other 29 MLB teams!!"

How much you wanna bet they say "For Fans living outside the Peachtree TV viewing area, MLB provides MLB Extra Innings for $$$$$, which includes all the games broadcast on Peachtree TV as well as complete coverage for the other 29 MLB teams!!"

But didn't Dish Network not have MLB Extra Innings last year because of the price, I honestly can't remember but I do remember Directv having it. So if this is the case, Dish Network doesn't necessarily have a choice or a backup plan...and the only thing that would be ok for Directv is the fact that they have MLB Extra Innings.

There needs to be a solution for those of us in the Braves DMA outside of Atlanta to get these Peachtree games. Not gonna be happy to miss 40 Braves games this year.

There needs to be a solution for those of us in the Braves DMA outside of Atlanta to get these Peachtree games. Not gonna be happy to miss 40 Braves games this year.

If you live within the spotbeam for Atlanta, move there with a fake address and get your Atlanta locals turned on to get Peachtree TV, thats what I am currently doing!

Otherwise, I doubt other fans will get to see the Braves, I don't think Dish cares for sports like that.

I wrote Peachtree TV and the Braves and got the same response others have been getting, they are working on a press release detailing how those of outside Atlanta can get the games. Apparently a local OTA affiliate will pick up the games in the Braves 5-state territory (those who get SportSouth).

This is what was recently posted on the AJC website:

With Braves, Peachtree TV raises profile

By TIM TUCKER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/28/08

When he calls a baseball game on TBS, Chip Caray is supposed to play the role of neutral, national broadcaster. But when he calls a game on Peachtree TV, Caray is free to play the role of loyal, local broadcaster.

"I've got to remember which logo is on the shirt each day," Caray said, "and approach the broadcast that way."

This Major League Baseball season brings big change for Atlanta-based Turner Broadcasting, whose three-decade tradition of televising Braves games nationally on TBS ended last year.

This year, Turner will televise 45 regular-season Braves games — plus exhibition games tonight and Saturday — on Peachtree TV, which is seen in the 55-county metro Atlanta television market. Nationally, Turner will televise 26 leaguewide Sunday afternoon games on TBS, starting with reigning World Series champ Boston vs. Toronto on April 6.

Caray is scheduled to call play-by-play on most of the Peachtree TV games and all the TBS games. His bosses say the approach will be different.

After struggling — sometimes clumsily and controversially — to present neutral telecasts of Braves games on TBS in recent years, Turner won't fret about the issue on Peachtree TV.

"The games are going to be branded, positioned and produced as local Atlanta broadcasts, but with [a] national production quality," said Jonathan Katz, senior vice president and general manager of Peachtree TV. "We're proud Braves fans, and we're proud to take that point of view. I'd sum up the difference as being very, very local."

Another difference: scheduling philosophy.

TBS, which televised about 70 Braves games per season in recent years, increasingly picked games that wouldn't air in prime time — an acknowledgement that the telecasts had become less popular nationally as the TV landscape evolved.

Peachtree TV, on the other hand, will air 41 of its 45 regular-season Braves games in prime time, starting with the home opener Monday night against Pittsburgh.

The channel, which launched last fall with a lineup of movies and sitcoms, is counting on the team to build awareness.

"The Braves ... are a huge priority for Peachtree TV, our most important local programming," Katz said. "For us, the Braves are critical — for brand value, for scale of viewers. ... The games are a tremendous platform [to reach] people who have not sampled Peachtree TV."

Because the channel is available only in the Atlanta market, Turner has been grappling for months with how to simulcast the games in other parts of the Southeast in the team's "television territory" as defined by Major League Baseball.

As of Thursday, the company said it was in the process of finalizing contracts with numerous cable and satellite providers that cover South Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and the Carolinas.

"It's a lot of logistics, but we want to make the games available to as many Braves fans outside the [Peachtree TV] footprint as possible," said Coleman Breland, vice president of Turner Network Sales.

The carriers that reach agreements with Turner will simulcast Peachtree TV's Braves telecasts on another local or regional channel. Deals already are completed with Comcast (which will show the games on Comcast Sports Southeast outside Atlanta) and Time Warner Cable, among others.

Aside from the games on Peachtree TV, an additional 106 Braves games will be televised on Fox-owned regional cable networks SportSouth and FSN South. Both are available in Atlanta and across the Southeast.

Jeff Genthner, vice president and general manager of SportSouth and FSN South, said his networks would have been happy to carry the Peachtree TV telecasts outside the Atlanta market.

"We brought the issue up with the Braves and suggested we would be a very viable solution for the team and for Turner to get maximum distribution of those games with minimal operational challenges," he said.

"Turner owned the games and decided to go another route."

Turner has chosen games for TBS' first eight MLB game-of-the-week telecasts, and one involves the Braves: April 20 at Turner Field vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"That's when you have to put on both hats," Caray said, "and be as neutral as you possibly can."

css will be showing peachtree games on comcast this year..

i just did live chat with dish and they said that css was "coming very soon"

could we get to see the braves after all?

css will be showing peachtree games on comcast this year..

i just did live chat with dish and they said that css was "coming very soon"

could we get to see the braves after all?

Cool. that is the one channel I missed when I had Charter. I missed watching replay of our Auburn Tigers.:)

I would not put to much stock into what the csr told you though. They are the last to know things.

WPCH is only available in the Atlanta market. Its a local channel so only available in Atlanta DMA

WPCH is the former WTBS (NOT TBS on 139 but the local UHF station Channel 17 WTBS..they did have some different programming)

It should also be noted that it is different from the WTBS-LP station which is in the Atlanta DMA, which basically stole (or took) the WTBS call letters when Turner gave them up for WPCH in hope of people being confused... although all they show is MTV programming...

What happened was that a bright mind at Turner saw that the TBS cable channel and what WTBS should have been were two different things. TBS becomes a hardline cable channel, WTBS changes to WPCH and becomes the more local Peachtree TV, and the latter got the Braves games.

However, Canada got the local WTBS feed, not the cable channel. So Canada gets the Peachtree TV feed.

Braves On Direct TV

Todays Asheville Citizen Times said Direct had signed an agreement with WPCH to show the Braves games. It also said that Charter Cable would have the games, but not the rest of the WPCH programs. It also stated that Dish had not reached an agreement to carry the games. Maybe soon.

I just got my OTA antenna setup today so that I can get those Peachtree TV games in HD! (Live just north of Atlanta.)

Todays Asheville Citizen Times said Direct had signed an agreement with WPCH to show the Braves games. It also said that Charter Cable would have the games, but not the rest of the WPCH programs. It also stated that Dish had not reached an agreement to carry the games. Maybe soon.[/quo

Sad news for us DISH subscribers that live in the Braves territory but do not receive WPCH. The only thing I can hope for (tomorrow night) is that the ending spills over past the blackout period on FSN Pittsburgh. Which might actually be possible as rain is scheduled for Atlanta at various points through tomorrow night. Still, though, I just want an agreement where we can pick up those additional games.

I have a relative in Mobile that is within the market of the Braves, Rays, and Marlins. There isn't an agreement in place down there from what he indicates. I think he also loses about 40-something Rays games that are carried, I believe he says, on ION.

Cade

I sadly have Dish Network for 4 more days. I'll have DirecTV Saturday 4/5. My Brother has DirecTV and channel 617 is live with the Braves on Peachtree TV. We live in Central Alabama. Thank goodness I've made the switch to DirecTV. Go Braves!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts