Peachtree TV on Dish Network?

The Atlanta HD local channels will eventually be moving to 61.5°. Don't worry too much about it. You will get fair written warning from Dish and an offer for a new/second dish. There is no single dish that can get 61.5° and 119/110 at the same time.

BTW a Dish 500 can only see 110°/119°. You have a Dish 1000 (larger dish) that can see 110°/119°/129°.

All the HD channels at 129° are already at 61.5° except Atlanta locals. But they are "waiting in the wings" right now.

See ya
Tony

Can you clarify this? Does Dish expect the tens of thousands of metro Atlanta subscribers to have another dish installed? How long would that take? Furthermore, I don't think I could get 61.5 because of all the trees. I already have a second dish just to get 129.

There is really not much to clarify. Dish will eventually move Atlanta HD to 61.5 where they should have been in the first place. The key here is EVENTUALLY. I do not know exactly when.

When Dish does activate the Atlanta HD locals at 61.5 (they are not available there yet) it would be a matter of swinging the 129 dish over to 61.5. The HD RSNs will follow. They are uplinked to 61.5 a month ago (but are not available there yet.)

For those of you who want to see the Atlanta Braves games that are aired on Peachtree TV, I understand how you feel.

Three years ago, I switched from Comcast to Dish Network to pick up SportSouth, then known as Turner South. Now, with Dish not carrying the Atlanta Braves games aired on Peachtree TV, I feel as though I'm reliving where I was three years ago.

DirecTV now has Peachtree TV AND SportSouth. I just might be switching to DirecTV. However, it sure would be nice if the Peachtree TV games shown on DirecTV were available in high definition.

For those of you who want to see the Atlanta Braves games that are aired on Peachtree TV, I understand how you feel.

Three years ago, I switched from Comcast to Dish Network to pick up SportSouth, then known as Turner South. Now, with Dish not carrying the Atlanta Braves games aired on Peachtree TV, I feel as though I'm reliving where I was three years ago.

DirecTV now has Peachtree TV AND SportSouth. I just might be switching to DirecTV. However, it sure would be nice if the Peachtree TV games shown on DirecTV were available in high definition.
Being a Dish Network subscriber, it's very discouraging to see both cable companies (Comcast and Mediacom) in the Mobile area, and DirecTV all have the Braves games on Peachtree, but not Dish. I guess all the phone calls and e-mails have been a waste of time and have fallen on deaf ears. I don't understand why the other cable and satellite providers seemed to add the Braves games without a hitch, but Dish can't seem to do it.

Whats up with dish? Tired of missing games. Why is dish the last one to add a new channel? Very frustrating if it wasnt for my mom by now I would have gone to direct tv.

Looks like they may be getting ready to make this Channel available on 129 in the very near future. Check the uplink report today.

I am an avid Atlanta Braves baseball fan and would like to know if anyone has heard if Dish will have Peachtree TV, the new Turner Network station. They are going to broadcast 45 Braves games in 2008 since TBS dropped the Braves. I live in Central Alabama. Thanks.
I have been an Braves fan since the mid 50's (Hank was my man when every other kid loved Mickey) and I have finially given up. It's MLB itself that has screwed this up. I watch on the internet only. I will not endure Joe Morgan or Rick Sutcliff if my Bravos happen to be ESPN Sun. or Wed. Even if Peach tree and WTBS were the same, the suits at TBS have washed their hands of the Braves. Alas, the end of a wonderfull viewing era! We drove down to Dallas and caught the Wed night (Chipper goes yard) win and Thurs. aft loss. I keep thinking..Bobby, why not put Chipper 4th and protect Mark every once in a while? Anyway, I feel your pain.

Yea the channel on 129 is probably for Atlanta only, but this is progress seeing this uplinked because I'd assume Peachtree is tying their HD signal to the Atlanta market with Peachtree games for the southeast.

your probably right pepper according to the way they have been in the past - TBS for instance - that was the reason everyone wanted it in HD was because of the Braves and after most all of the games were over click you guessed it they turned it on - the next game on WPCH is July 1st

I have learned lately that by having a pessimistic attitude where dish is concerned, I reduce my overall disappointment level. :) I hope my assessment is wrong.

Many possibilities:
1. they have worked out a deal and make WPCH available in Braves territory sometime between now and the end of the last game of the season
2. they make it available in Atlanta market only
3. it never becomes available to anyone

If I assume choice 3, then the end result will be "meets or exceeds expectations" which is better than "dang, disappointed again"

I have learned lately that by having a pessimistic attitude where dish is concerned, I reduce my overall disappointment level. :) I hope my assessment is wrong.

Many possibilities:
1. they have worked out a deal and make WPCH available in Braves territory sometime between now and the end of the last game of the season

If I assume choice 3, then the end result will be "meets or exceeds expectations" which is better than "dang, disappointed again"

Since the games only became available in the Braves multi-state territory through a deal where Comcast and Charter Cable both preempt one of their own services (CSS) during Braves games, I'm betting on choice 3.

Many possibilities:

If I assume choice 3, then the end result will be "meets or exceeds expectations" which is better than "dang, disappointed again.

Looks like choice 3 is correct. The channel has been uplinked for a month, and they were "very close to a deal", but I haven't seen or heard anything to make me believe this channel will be added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts