Peacock TV

I enjoy some of dramas on Peacock. Not sure if I would be willing to pay for it. At least not year round.
My wife is going to force me to subscribe to 'pay Peacock'. Just because of the Days of our Lives move to that service. I told her she'd have to pony up the $20 for the year on the special they are having. I figure DOOL will be canceled by the end of that year, because I bet very few people will pay to watch it.

They are doing this because Days of our Lives is moving permanently from NBC to Peacock pay tier on September 12. They WANT people to subscribe, or I should say they are desperate for people to subscribe, and using this to sucker them.
Depends on your taste. WWE sites (and sites that promote WWE) are promoting this as get a years worth of Peacock for $20 and get all the WWE PPV's (I think they call them marquee events now).

I do like the original programming WWE puts out. Its tough to watch the old territory/ECW shows because of music copyrights (ECW didn't care about it) so its covered with generic music or in some places its completely eliminated.

The problem Peacock has is it's bundled with your cable package. Who will pay for it when they can get for free.
people who don't have cable
people who have satellite
people who sub to a live TV service thinking "they are cutting the evil cable cord" ;)
people who's cable company isn't part of it

I fall under the last 2 categories. I get internet and IPTV cable included in my rent but Consolidated isn't included in the "get peacock for free" category. I have Sling as an add on option because Consolidated's DVR is limited to 2 recordings at same time and because we are a MDU (multi-dwelling unit) package there are some channels that we do not get but could upgrade (to full price) to get.

I have no regrets signing up for a year last month at $22. (avg. $1.83/mo.), mainly for EPL. The ads aren't too bad (three to four 30-60 ad breaks per hour show), and I like their Sky TV content (watching The Undeclared War right now) and the occasional Peacock original (Girls5eva, The Resort, etc.) Also, theatrical releases are quickly added. The new movie Honk for Jesus is a same-day release today, and the extended version of Jurassic World was just added too.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I have no regrets signing up for a year last month at $22. (avg. $1.83/mo.), mainly for EPL. The ads aren't too bad (three to four 30-60 ad breaks per hour show), and I like their Sky TV content (watching The Undeclared War right now) and the occasional Peacock original (Girls5eva, The Resort, etc.) Also, theatrical releases are quickly added. The new movie Honk for Jesus is a same-day release today, and the extended version of Jurassic World was just added too.
Since I get Vudu Gift Cards with my CC points, movies are not important, specially since I prefer to watch the new ones in 4K.

But TV series are important and Peacock is seriously lacking in my opinion, but now it is a moot point since they are going to have Big Ten Football next year, I have to have the service now.

Well, I was letting Peacock run out to go annual to save a couple bucks... and I qualified for the $1.99 a month (for a yr) deal. So instead of getting two months "free", I get three and a half months "free" without even paying up front.

Reactions: TheKrell and ncted
I just took the 1 year deal thinking I could watch replays of NASCAR races. The last race in the cup series from Sunday (Cook Out Southern 500) still hasn't shown up as a replay. Am I missing something or do they wait a long time to post the replay? I see the race before that is available (Coke Zero 400). Sunday's race (Southern 500) is already on NASCAR's Youtube channel, but it is an international version and I prefer the USA version.

What gives?

I can't say. Generally the time for a replay to show for Indycar isn't too long. Presumably it varies based on the content. I know EPL matches are usually 24 hours for linear broadcast games. Indycar << that.

Contacted their overwhelmed chat system and was told, with no reason as to why, that the next race available on Peacock won't be until 10/8/22. No explanation why all the races (as far as I can tell) until now are there to be replayed. That sucks big time.

Color me MAD.

:laserPeacock Sucks!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Contacted their overwhelmed chat system and was told, with no reason as to why, that the next race available on Peacock won't be until 10/8/22. No explanation why all the races (as far as I can tell) until now are there to be replayed. That sucks big time.

Color me MAD.

:laserPeacock Sucks!
Peacock does not suck. Paramount+ delays showing replays of champions league games you can only watch live on Paramount+. That sucks!

I just wonder if they will put the 10pm shows on Peacock since that's what they are talking about.

Possible. But the stuff I enjoy on Peacock is their supposedly Peacock Original material. Not much left on Network TV that interests me. A few, but not many.
My guess is that NBC would just keep airing the highest-rated of their shows in a reduced 2-hr primetime block, cancel the weaker (or more expensive) ones, and use the money they save from having less NBC programming to create more Peacock Originals. But it's possible they might shift one or two NBC series over to Peacock, as they did with their last remaining daytime soap (and as ABC is doing with Dancing with the Stars moving it to Disney+ this year).

My guess is that NBC would just keep airing the highest-rated of their shows in a reduced 2-hr primetime block, cancel the weaker (or more expensive) ones, and use the money they save from having less NBC programming to create more Peacock Originals. But it's possible they might shift one or two NBC series over to Peacock, as they did with their last remaining daytime soap (and as ABC is doing with Dancing with the Stars moving it to Disney+ this year).
You forgot about affliates and politics..its not gonna be that easy to reduce a network schedule

You forgot about affliates and politics..its not gonna be that easy to reduce a network schedule
Broadcast networks cancel series at the drop of a hat. That won't be a problem. And I suspect a lot of their affiliates would welcome the option to do an hour of late local news at 10/9c rather than the current half hour at 11/10c. That move would put them in direct competition with only one other local newscast, the Fox affiliate, for their late news as opposed to their current time slot competition with two other locals.

And then would then allow NBC to start The Tonight Show at 11/10c rather than the current 11:30/10:30c, which should produce stronger live ratings for it.

Broadcast networks cancel series at the drop of a hat. That won't be a problem. And I suspect a lot of their affiliates would welcome the option to do an hour of late local news at 10/9c rather than the current half hour at 11/10c. That move would put them in direct competition with only one other local newscast, the Fox affiliate, for their late news as opposed to their current time slot competition with two other locals.

And then would then allow NBC to start The Tonight Show at 11/10c rather than the current 11:30/10:30c, which should produce stronger live ratings for it.
No the affliates do not want another hour to program unless you are talking about big city affliates the networks own..most small market affliates would go under if continue to lose network prigramming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts