Peacock TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Has anyone seen a discounted price for Peacock Premium Plus ?
Usually about once or twice a year, last November, Black Friday, it was on sale for $29.99 for the year, that is when I subscribed since I refuse to pay for Commercials.

Properly going to drop it unless I get another great deal, or go without until a deal pops up, do not really need it until Big Ten Football starts up on it next year.

Usually about once or twice a year, last November, Black Friday, it was on sale for $29.99 for the year, that is when I subscribed since I refuse to pay for Commercials.

Properly going to drop it unless I get another great deal, or go without until a deal pops up, do not really need it until Big Ten Football starts up on it next year.
The current deal is 19.99 for a year of Premium, but I'd like to talk with them and see if they happen to honor an addl deal (Commercial free as well) , but I can't find a number to call them, without Paying someone else for the number. Ugh

I really don't NEED Peacock, but seeing the deal was good ... better if it was Commercial free.
IF I can get Commercial free at a decent rate, I'll do it.

If they say its 9.99 a month, I'll pass, as thats the basic rate.

Not discounted there isn't.
Maybe not at the moment, but I would have liked to try ...
Up in the threads someone posted that they have had a deal on the Commercial Free for like $ 29.95, I wanted to see if they would like to do that instead of the With Commerial version ... they make more money that way and I don't deal with Ad's.

Up in the threads someone posted that they have had a deal on the Commercial Free for like $ 29.95, I wanted to see if they would like to do that instead of the With Commerial version ... they make more money that way and I don't deal with Ad's.
On some movies..they bunch up the commercials in the beginning..kinda like previews...then the rest of the movie is commercial free...not so much with tv shows tho

Black Friday is usually when that deal comes around.

Black Friday is usually when that deal comes around.
When it happened for me, based on much much they make on each subscriber with commercials, I doubt I will see that deal again.

Do you have a link?...Hulu and such have commercial free versions
And so does Peacock but they make more money on those who pay for the Ad Version then those paying for the commercial free version, specially a discounted Ad Free subscription.

Of those who pay for Peacock, the majority opt for the platform's $5 ad-supported tier. When you include ads, Roberts said the company generates close to $10 in average revenue per subscribed account.

Since then, Peacock has doubled how much they get in Advertising-

Considering that Peacock has $1 Billion in Ad Commitments this year, they much rather you watch the commercials.

And so does Peacock but they make more money on those who pay for the Ad Version then those paying for the commercial free version, specially a discounted Ad Free subscription.

Of those who pay for Peacock, the majority opt for the platform's $5 ad-supported tier. When you include ads, Roberts said the company generates close to $10 in average revenue per subscribed account.

Since then, Peacock has doubled how much they get in Advertising-

Considering that Peacock has $1 Billion in Ad Commitments this year, they much rather you watch the commercials.

I guess you don't understand revenue either..they have over a billion in commitmants..meaning they have subscriber numbers to meet to get that money but perhaps you overlooked this in your haste to post a rebuttle

Also, Comcast revealed that losses at Peacock widened to $467 million (EBITDA), from an adjusted EBITDA loss of $363 million in 2021.Jul 28, 2022

I guess you don't understand revenue either..they have over a billion in commitmants..meaning they have subscriber numbers to meet to get that money but perhaps you overlooked this in your haste to post a rebuttle
And I guess you do not understand money either.

Is it better for Peacock to sell me a discounted Annual Commercial Free Subscription at $30 or a $50 with Commercials that will also bring in $120 more a year, even the new discount price of $20 a year still brings in that extra $120, which is $110 more then I paid.

Hence why I said I doubt I will see that great of a discount again.

Peacock wants you to get the with commercials Subscription, as does Hulu and Paramount, that is why they all discount them so much, because they make more revenue.
Also, Comcast revealed that losses at Peacock widened to $467 million (EBITDA), from an adjusted EBITDA loss of $363 million in 2021.Jul 28, 2022
Yep, Peacock has been a disaster compared to Paramount+, who has more then Triple the paying subscribers that Peacock has.

I was going to drop them until they (Fox, Paramount also) signed the Big Ten deal, now I might just do the monthly thing during Football Season.

And I guess you do not understand money either.

Is it better for Peacock to sell me a discounted Annual Commercial Free Subscription at $30 or a $50 with Commercials that will also bring in $120 more a year, even the new discount price of $20 a year still brings in that extra $120, which is $110 more then I paid.

Hence why I said I doubt I will see that great of a discount again.

Peacock wants you to get the with commercials Subscription, as does Hulu and Paramount, that is why they all discount them so much, because they make more revenue.

Yep, Peacock has been a disaster compared to Paramount+, who has more then Triple the paying subscribers that Peacock has.

I was going to drop them until they (Fox, Paramount also) signed the Big Ten deal, now I might just do the monthly thing during Football Season.
They are losing money in greater amounts with peacock

Yeah, all of these services really prefer that you get the cheaper version with ads. You can see how DTC streaming is, in a way, simply recreating the old basic cable bundle, except instead of one big bundle it's split between each individual company. I'm a little surprised that they don't charge more for the ad-free version so that it's a totally revenue-neutral decision vs. the cheaper tier. My guess is that they're simply constrained by the pricing for Netflix, Prime Video, and Disney+ (and to a lesser extent, perhaps, Apple TV+), which have always only been ad-free. Although Netflix and Disney+ are both supposed to roll out their cheaper plan(s) with ads before year-end. I do expect that, in time, the delta between ad and ad-free plans will increase and that most US subs will opt for the cheaper plans with ads.

Paramount+ has been around for 8 years now, originally launching as CBS All Access in Oct. 2014. So it's not quite fair to compare its sub numbers against Peacock, which launched just over two years ago in July 2020. NBCU is getting more serious about touting it this fall, now that NBC and Bravo next-day shows (and lots of entire series) have left Hulu to be exclusively on Peacock. I notice that all ads on NBC for their shows now prominently advertise Peacock (as ABC has been doing with Hulu for awhile). They're throwing a lot of live sports into Peacock, plus it's getting all the recent Universal theatrical movies (Belfast was the final one to go to HBO), with a few day-and-date movies here and there like the upcoming Halloween Ends. So its numbers should go up.

Most likely endgame, as recent rumors have said, is that NBCU and WBD merge in a few years ('24 or '25), producing a global SVOD that offers pretty much all of what HBO Max and Peacock Premium (and maybe Discovery+) have now. While the app would probably use the Peacock codebase, I don't think it would be branded that. Probably just call it Universal or Universal+. But after having sunk a few years' worth of ad dollars in building awareness for the Peacock name, and getting millions to use it, it would be a shame to waste that. So my guess is that Peacock would lose its Premium tier (which would be part of the Universal SVOD) and become a pure FAST. Whatever content will be in the upcoming WBD FAST (which might launch in the US by the end of '23) would just get folded into it.

As for Paramount+, I still think it exits the global SVOD market in a few years. If Universal and Warner merge (likely leaving Paramount with no viable acquirer), that could be the final straw that causes Paramount shareholders to revolt against the ongoing losses at P+, which the company doesn't think *might* be profitable for a few more years. Better to just license their content out to the big boys and immediately make a profit on it rather than keep burning cash on a service that will never really be able to compete with much larger companies.

But I do think Paramount might still sell some kind of "CBS+" DTC service in the US, essentially just packaging up live streams of CBS and their various basic cable nets (Nick, MTV, etc.) with their recent on-demand libraries, i.e. a way to buy just their part of the cable bundle.

.Paramount+ has been around for 8 years now, originally launching as CBS All Access in Oct. 2014. So it's not quite fair to compare its sub numbers against Peacock, which launched just over two years ago in July 2020.

I compared them because Paramount+ is still showing growth in the millions every quarter in both domestic and worldwide, even after being out for 8 years, Peacock is not, 13 million paying 1st quarter, same for 2nd, after 2 years and no interest is a bad sign.
Most likely endgame, as recent rumors have said, is that NBCU and WBD merge in a few years ('24 or '25), producing a global SVOD that offers pretty much all of what HBO Max and Peacock Premium (and maybe Discovery+) have now.
I am not sure Warner will last to 2024, all my Financial Newsletters I still get says they are in deep ****, one of their hopes, Don’t Worry Darling costs over $50 million ( $30 million to make, $20 Million + in marketing), it has made $38 Million worldwide which the Theaters gets anywhere from 30-50% of that.

All the newsletters say Black Adam needs to make a billion so Warner has some cash, it cost $200 million to make, marketing is rumored to be $50-80 million.
While the app would probably use the Peacock codebase, I don't think it would be branded that. Probably just call it Universal or Universal+.

They should of called it that in the first place.

So my guess is that Peacock would lose its Premium tier (which would be part of the Universal SVOD) and become a pure FAST. Whatever content will be in the upcoming WBD FAST (which might launch in the US by the end of '23) would just get folded into it.
Not another free service, I have trouble catching up with the new stuff, I do not need to watch reruns.

I am retired and still do not have enough time in the day to watch shows/movies.
But I do think Paramount might still sell some kind of "CBS+" DTC service in the US, essentially just packaging up live streams of CBS and their various basic cable nets (Nick, MTV, etc.) with their recent on-demand libraries, i.e. a way to buy just their part of the cable bundle.
I think they all should do that.

For example-
Warner+ should have live feeds of TBS, TNT, Cartoon, all the Discovery’s, Food, Animal, etc
Then they can sell advertising for the Live Channels, does not matter if you paid for no ads since it is Live TV.

I compared them because Paramount+ is still showing growth in the millions every quarter in both domestic and worldwide, even after being out for 8 years, Peacock is not, 13 million paying 1st quarter, same for 2nd, after 2 years and no interest is a bad sign.
Peacock saw a 15% increase in subs in Q3, up from 13m to 15m. As I've said before, it looks like Comcast is getting more serious about the service and we should see additional growth in the quarters ahead due to the recent investments they're making into it.

Peacock Becomes a Phoenix

I am not sure Warner will last to 2024, all my Financial Newsletters I still get says they are in deep ****, one of their hopes, Don’t Worry Darling costs over $50 million ( $30 million to make, $20 Million + in marketing), it has made $38 Million worldwide which the Theaters gets anywhere from 30-50% of that.

All the newsletters say Black Adam needs to make a billion so Warner has some cash, it cost $200 million to make, marketing is rumored to be $50-80 million.
Oh, WBD will still be around in 2024. Corporations that big, with that much value, don't just disappear that quickly. They can't legally engage in another round of M&A talks until 2024, so they'll still be here at that point. And likely weakened enough that they'll be eager to strike up said talks as soon as they can.

I think they all should do that.

For example-
Warner+ should have live feeds of TBS, TNT, Cartoon, all the Discovery’s, Food, Animal, etc
Then they can sell advertising for the Live Channels, does not matter if you paid for no ads since it is Live TV.
Yes, I think that's what will happen. Disney+ and the ESPN DTC app(s) may be the first to do it but then everyone else will have to respond in kind. And that will mark the end of the cable bundle as we know it. Instead of one big bundle, each company's channels (plus an even larger library of on-demand content) will be sold separately.

You know why, right? Because "Days of our Lives" soap left NBC and went to Peacock, exclusively.
That, and the shows that left Hulu -- that is why we signed up in my house. Didn't really want to add another service, but this feels like the last one we'll be adding. I hope I'm right. Thankfully, we're still paying less than when we had cable/satellite, and we'd still be paying for many of these services even if we did still have cable/satellite, so we're still ahead of the game financially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)