Peacock TV

No adds premium version is free on the comcast x1box since it launched
Now we are getting somewhere with a little added clarity. It is free to some cable customers, much like HBO Max is to some ATT customers.

Both still sell it to other customers however.

I swear Juan, sometimes you go around the world to say the simplest things.

Reactions: ncted and TheKrell
I picked up the $29.95 deal, but on my sign in page, it only lists the free one I sub to. What gives? I was going to cancel Peacock until they get on Roku or Fire, but subscription to the tier I bought is not listed. There is no phone number to call, only e mail, and I tried that, but I only get promos. I found that my Chromebook will not get the service as it claims I need an update on Chrome, which I do not as I am using the latest version according to the info. The search engine on Fire TV doesn't work as it reverts me back to the sign page, so that is useless. That leaves the computer and the casting is not great, but what a mess!

If you have Comcast or Cox you get Premium free, not Premium Plus. Premium plus is ad free. If you want Premium Plus it will cost you $5 a month.

If you have Comcast or Cox you get Premium free, not Premium Plus. Premium plus is ad free. If you want Premium Plus it will cost you $5 a month.
So the Premium free is not ad free. And what in the world is Premium Plus? Premium is already premium, a very high standard. How do you plus Premium?

And how can you have Premium Free?! That makes no sense!

So the Premium free is not ad free. And what in the world is Premium Plus? Premium is already premium, a very high standard. How do you plus Premium?

LOL!

Premium Plus is Premium Free with no ads. Pretty simple to figure out.

Now we are getting somewhere with a little added clarity. It is free to some cable customers, much like HBO Max is to some ATT customers.

Both still sell it to other customers however.

I swear Juan, sometimes you go around the world to say the simplest things.
I get it for free on my Flex Box from Comcast but I am not a Cable Subscriber, just Broadband.

Now, the Flex Box sucks and Peacock is not even worth being free, Comcast owns so many shows with Universal yet just not that much on, most of the content on has been on TV the last 10 years, but they own shows like Miami Vice, Six Million Dollar Man things I used to watch when I was a kid and not seen since that I would not mind watching again, but it is no where on Peacock.

Guess I am spoiled by Disney+, when they said all the content that was owned by them was going to be on, they were not kidding.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell

Let’s let Wikipedia answer your question, I’ve laid it out earlier but this is the best answer. Go to Distribution for the full explanation.

I've been sitting through the ads. Seem to be less than on regular network tv shows. Not worth $5 monthly to remove. My Xfinity bill is high enough already.

Its owned by comcast...exclusive to their cable box apps
The PeacockTV app is in the Google Play store for Android devices and I understand it's also in the IOS store. That's not very "exclusive". NBC is also in negotiations with Roku and Amazon for PeacockTV app availability on their devices. I've read the Roku wants a bigger piece of the ad revenue than NBC wants to give up, and Amazon wants a bigger piece of the subscription revenue than NBC wants to give up. All sides expect a resolution will be reached soon...

After I signed up for the free account I got an offer from Amazon Prime for a free 3-month Premium trial. I'm currently watching Psych 2 on my Gen 2 Firestick after side loading the app. Looks good so far!
My apologies to all for any confusion! I discovered this morning that I had mixed up two completely unrelated offers that arrived in the same batch of email. The free 3-month Peacock Premium offer did NOT come from Amazon, it came instead from GOOGLE.

When you sign up for Peacock using the Android app, they send you an email with the code for the 3-month trial offer. Once the code is entered on your account and activated, Premium is activated for all of your Peacock devices. You do need to supply credit card info since your account will automatically be charged $4.99 per month if you don't cancel Premium before the end of the trial.

Again, my apologies for the misinformation regarding Amazon!

Reactions: ncted
Couple of beefs with the app on the X1. It does not remember closed captioning settings. Couple nights ago I watched the first two episodes of The Capture. Let it start episode 3 briefly and exited the app. Last night started the app to continue episode 3 and it started at the beginning of episode 2. Netflix and Prime handle this sort of stuff flawlessly.

The PeacockTV app is in the Google Play store for Android devices and I understand it's also in the IOS store. That's not very "exclusive". NBC is also in negotiations with Roku and Amazon for PeacockTV app availability on their devices. I've read the Roku wants a bigger piece of the ad revenue than NBC wants to give up, and Amazon wants a bigger piece of the subscription revenue than NBC wants to give up. All sides expect a resolution will be reached soon...

In addition to those sticking points about ads and subscription revenue, I wonder if Amazon and Roku also asking for the right to sell Peacock as a "channel" add-on inside their own Prime Video and Roku Channel apps, as they do with other services. I know that they're both insisting on that with HBO Max, which won't allow it. (The core HBO content can still be accessed that way but not the rest of the content, which is exclusively available in the HBO Max app.)

Reactions: NYDutch
Reading very closely I noticed this-

It said that starting with the next Jurrasic World and Fast and Furious movies will be on Peacock only, that means Comcast/ Universal will not be signing a new deal with HBO.

Disney already has said they will not be signing a new deal with HBO and will be putting new movies from Fox on Hulu.

This means content will be more diluted for HBO since all movies they have will be from Warner's.

It also means is we are getting closer to every major studio having their own streaming service.

What it also means is more content is being pulled from Traditional Providers.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!
I might of called it-

Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal is considering pulling its movies from HBO Max and Netflix Inc. and keeping future new film releases for its streaming service Peacock, according to people familiar with the matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)