Penguins & Sabres at same time NE PA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

standalone

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I live in Warren, Pa and my local RSNs are listed as FSN Pittsburgh and MSG. Before I subscribe to D* can anyone confirm that I will get both Penguins and Sabres NHL games not blacked out on the RSNs? If both teams are playing at home do you see both games on the different RSNs?

:welcome to SatelliteGuys Standalone!!!!!

I do not have an answer for you but someone will come along that does.

Kick of your shoes and enjoy it here.

I am from Scranton and I am sorry, but I am not sure where Warren is. Here we get the Rangers definately and the Pens and maybe Devils. Go to Directv's website and put your zip code in at the RSN part of the site. They will give you the info you need.

Thanks bgilga- Actually Warren is in NW Pennsylvania My mistake. I did query D* and found that I would get Fox Pittsburgh and MSG. But I would like to know if some of the games would be blacked out. For instance can you see 2 or 3 different NHL hockey games at the same time in Scranton on the local RSNs? Are the Penguins ever blacked in favor of the NY teams?

It's tough for me to tell you if you will be blacked out. I would say no. If it is your RSN you should not be blacked out. I get the HHL package, so I get all the games.

Standalone,

I live in Bradford PA and you should see all the Penguins games on FSN (628) and all broadcasted Sabres games on MSG (627, an alternate channel that they use only for the Sabres on MSG)

Chris M

If you get the RSN as your LOCAL RSN (ie: in the basic package and not the addon) the games shuold not be blacked out....exception is if you are in Eastern NY and have MSG you wouldnt see the Sabres :)

Thanks Iceberg - D* lists both MSG and FSN Pittsburgh as my local RSNs. I have my own equipment installed with the three lnb oval dish. I checked out the signal from all 3 sats and they're good(90 and above). The satellite info displays that the equipment is valid. So I guess my next step is to call the CSR and ask to pay by credit card for a monthly package. I can't tell if there is any activation fee or even if they will authorize me. I guess I'll just see what the CSR does to me. Someone told me that I have to pay extra for owning my own equipment. Doesn't seem right. They should deduct the lease fee.

One question though. I have the Philips DSR704 with TIVO. Can I activate this without paying for the TIVO service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts