Person of Interest

Last episode was quite good. It also appears to be the mid-season finale and it appears to be going on hiatus for awhile.

IMDB is only showing a total of 19 episodes for the 2014-2015 season. Hopefully they just haven't filled in the last half dozen yet.

Last episode was quite good. It also appears to be the mid-season finale and it appears to be going on hiatus for awhile.

IMDB is only showing a total of 19 episodes for the 2014-2015 season. Hopefully they just haven't filled in the last half dozen yet.
Normal season is 22 eps, so three short as of now.

I was wrong. IMDB only shows 14 episodes for season 4. There must be more, unless CBS hasn't committed yet.

Seasons 1 and 3 were 23 episodes. Season 2 was 22.

In my experience, a full season for a TV series varies from 22 to 26 episodes.

Think it's a bad idea for series television, on any platform, to interrupt its airings, especially if you're using continued story arcs. Viewers just lose interest.

Looks like a repeat next week and I can't find anything after that. Hopefully it will return in January.

Edit: Wiki shows a new episode coming up on December 16.

Most shows go on hiatus between TG and Christmas. Too much of the population is traveling, partying, and otherwise not watching TV on a regular basis.

This week's episode was good. Rather than resolve anything, this story just laid down all the battle lines in a clearly defined way. I am less repelled by the "Brotherhood" story than I am by the Samaritan story and since this episode was more about the Elias vs Brotherhood story, I enjoyed it. However, I have never enjoyed the type of story that is being told with this whole Samaritan thing. I guess every superman has to have his kryptonite, but this particular brand of kryptonite is repelling me as a viewer.

I imagine the producers thought the Samaritan arc was becoming too intense and needed a compelling us-vs.-them alternative without an apocalyptic outcome.

I was wrong. IMDB only shows 14 episodes for season 4. There must be more, unless CBS hasn't committed yet.

Seasons 1 and 3 were 23 episodes. Season 2 was 22.

In my experience, a full season for a TV series varies from 22 to 26 episodes.
No, 22. If a show exceeds it's first 13 intitial order for a season, it's called the "back nine". When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's, a season was normally 33.

No, 22. If a show exceeds it's first 13 intitial order for a season, it's called the "back nine". When I was a kid in the 50's and 60's, a season was normally 33.

This is probably a silly argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_program#North_American_usage

wikipedia.com said:
North American usage[edit]
See also: Serial (radio and television)
In North American television, a series is a connected set of television program episodes that run under the same title, possibly spanning many seasons. Since the late 1960s, this programming schedule typically includes between 20 and 26 episodes. (Before then, a regular television season could average out to at least 30 episodes.) Up until the 1980s, most (but certainly not all) new programs for the broadcast networks debuted in the "Fall Season", which ran from September through March and nominally contained from 24 to 26 episodes. These episodes were rebroadcast during the Spring (or Summer) Season, from April through August. Because of cable television and the Nielsen sweeps, the "fall" season now normally extends to May. Thus, a "full season" on a broadcast network now usually runs from September through May for at least 22 episodes.[14]

A full season is sometimes split into two separate units with a hiatus around the end of the calendar year, such as the first season of Jericho on CBS. When this split occurs, the last half of the episodes sometimes are referred to with the letter B as in "The last nine episodes (of 'the Sopranos') will be part of what is being called either "Season 6, Part 2" or "Season 6B,"[15] or in "Futurama is splitting its seasons similar to how South Parkdoes, doing half a season at a time, so this is season 6B for them."[16] Since the 1990s, these shorter seasons also have been referred to as ".5" or half seasons, where the run of shows between September and December is labeled "Season X", and the second run between January and May labeled "Season X.5". Examples of this include the 2004 incarnation of Battlestar Galactica, ABC's FlashForward, and ABC Family's Make It or Break It.

Nowadays, a new series is often ordered (funded) for just the first 10 to 13 episodes, to gauge the audience interest. If it is "picked up", the season is completed to the regular 20 to 26 episodes. A midseason replacement is an inexpensive short-run (10–13 episode) show designed to take the place of an original series that failed to garner an audience and has not been picked up. A "series finale" is the last show of the series before the show is no longer produced. (In the UK, it means the end of a season, what is known in the US as a "season finale").

Next Episode: S04, E10

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"The Cold War":
In hope of forcing the machine into a meeting, Samaritan takes control of New York for 48 hours and erases crime.

S~

Sarah Shahi is always nice to look at. :)
sarah-shahi-bikini-13-550x400.jpg

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Next Episode: S04, E11

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"If-Then-Else":
The team must risk their lives to prevent catastrophe when Samaritan launches a cyber-attack on the stock exchange.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)