Person of Interest

We're watching last night's show as I speak. The ratings continue to rise...

9 p.m.
CBS: "Person of Interest" (14.4 million, 8.9/14)
FOX: "Touch" (9.13 million, 5.5/9)
ABC: "Grey's Anatomy" rerun (4.21 million, 3.0/5)
NBC: "The Office" rerun (2.6 million, 1.8/3)/"Up All Night" (2.95 million, 1.9/3)
The CW: "The Secret Circle" (1.34 million, 1.0/2)

Good. This is a great show. Lots of fun to watch and rarely a "message" to sell. And my favorite part, the thread running through the series is innocuous and unobtrusive.

Good. This is a great show. Lots of fun to watch and rarely a "message" to sell. And my favorite part, the thread running through the series is innocuous and unobtrusive.

I just finished watching this episode last night and it was very good...and I love how Reese didn't take advantage of Finch's talkative nature. So far, I have really enjoyed all but one episode this season. Perhaps that's why the ratings continue to rise.

5 April 2012: Flesh and Blood (9:00 PM ET)

"When the machine names the dons of New York's crime family, Reese and Finch suspect that Elias is targeting his competition."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "Person of Interest" Flesh and Blood (TV episode 2012) - IMDb

Interesting dilemma...do you help the bad guys from other bag guys or do let them whack it out?

26 April 2012: Matsya Nyaya (9:00 PM ET)

"To track the latest person of interest, Reese goes under cover as part of an armored truck crew; throughout the case, Reese is reminded of touch decisions he was forced to make during this last CIA mission."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "Person of Interest" Matsya Nyaya (TV episode 2012) - IMDb

Excellent episode; so many unexpected twists and turns. :) Besides the main story of ensuring the victim/thug doesn't come to any nor do any harm, I also like the other themes that weave in and out of the main story - sometimes multiple things happening at one. Let's see you've got Reese's past involvement with the CIA and now the FBI coming into play; you have Finch's past coming into play every now and then; obviously, Carter and Fusco have their issues too; oh, and let's not forget about HR running all the crooked cops while Elias is busy trying to unite the old gangs of NY. It's corruption on multiple levels (the cops, the bad guys, the CIA). More importantly, you've got bad guys who are often do very good things. Yikes! But the show doesn't overwhelm the viewer with unneeded and unwanted details - they merely present the story in a "sh*t happens" type of way and we're left to form our own options. There's no doubt why this was voted the best new show of the season. :)

Last edited:
I loved this last episode! Glad that we now know what finally happened with the CIA and why they want him dead. Though I am a little sketchy on what initiated the sequence. Still it was fun. Though I think if there are any more ambushes where some one gets knocked out from behind we need to rename this show Mannix.

Mannix? I loved that show along with Barnaby Jones and, to a lesser extent, Cannon. Frank Cannon also used the pistol whip because he certainly wasn't going to duke it out with the bad guys or, heaven forbid, chase them. Of course, the art of knocking someone out from behind takes a back seat to Barnaby's weekly 50-years shots, usually at a moving target, with his trusty .38 snub-nose...surprisingly winging the bad guy in the arm or shooting hand every time. :)

I don't know how well you remember, but it seemed that every episode Mannix would get thwacked over the back of the head with a gun as he peered around a corner being sneaky. Mannix was (and still is) the benchmark for the cliché. Now Cannon had the dubious honor of being the first show to have a gargantuan Lincoln Continental (driven by an even more gargantuan person) being able to chase down Ferraris and Corvettes down winding roads by taking the "short-cut". It was surpassed later by Hart to Hart car chases. But I digress.

I enjoyed watching the show but I was not cognizant of his receiving a weekly wood shampoo. However, now that you mention it...yes, he was certainly getting knocked-out quite often. I played a lot of hockey as a kid and we were always tasting elbows, fists and sticks As often as we were injured, I don't recall anyone ever taking a nap from a blow to the head. I remember getting hit by a puck in the back of my head and wishing that I would passout. Instead, I just received a few stitches, a nasty headache, and was yelled at by mom for bleeding all over my jersey. Go fiture! I guess it takes talent to knock someone without giving them a concussion or killing them. :)

Cannon's Lincoln Town Car? Too funny!

3 May 2012: Many Happy Returns (9:00 PM ET)

"On Reese's birthday, Finch gives him the day off in hope of keeping him away from the latest person of interest."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDB.com: "Person of Interest" Many Happy Returns (TV episode 2012) - IMDb

Has anyone noticed that Reese gets shot an awful lot? Hopefully he will eating cake and not another bullet on his birthday. @party

Okay, my only complaint with this show is that Reese takes more than bullets to the belly than anyone I have ever seen on TV. Apparently, he just spits them out like watermelon seeds because he's back in action the following week. I the writers need to stop their Mannix-like obsession with Reese eating bullets IMO.

10 May 2012: No Good Deed (9:00 PM ET)

"A person of interest winds up in the middle of a dark government conspiracy that Finch is all too familiar with; Reese makes a discovery about Finch's past."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "Person of Interest" No Good Deed (TV episode 2012) - IMDb

Sound like we get to find out a lot more about Finch, which is nice follow on to discovering more about Reese the past two weeks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)